Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Toronto, Canada!

I’m a 35-year-old female, working as a web developer. I've recently discovered this forum, and it’s a relief to know there are many others who love Halloween like I do! Sadly, none of my friends or relatives share my love of Halloween. Most of them refuse to even watch scary movies!! (Yup, surrounded by chickens!)

My love of Halloween stems from the probably ill-advised selection of movies that my babysitters allowed me to watch at a very young age: The Shining, Children of the Corn, The Howling, Rosemary's Baby, It, The Exorcist, Poltergeist, the Halloween movies -- you name it!

I love collecting Halloween decorations. For a month now, I've been scouring stores like Spirit Halloween, Michaels, Homesense (known as Homegoods in the US), Shoppers Drug Mart and Target looking for new & fun decor to add to my collection. Mostly, my decor/prop style is gothic-spooky (ghosts, pumpkins, skulls) rather than gory ... although I do make the odd exception now and then. :D

Currently I can only decorate the inside of my house, as I live in an “iffy” neighbourhood, and outdoor decorations probably wouldn’t last for 10 minutes without being stolen or vandalized. But I hope to be relocated by next year, and if all goes to plan, I will go all out decorating my front yard in 2014! To tide me over, I also decorate for Halloween in my department at work ... my coworkers don’t seem to mind!

Anyway, sorry this is so verbose -- but I'm just so glad to be here among fellow Halloween lovers! I just created a blog devoted to Halloween, however it’s just one day old, so there are no posts to speak of just yet. But stay tuned!

In the meantime, here’s a pic I took yesterday of some of my indoor decorations …

Happy haunting!

Attachments

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey booFriend! Welcome aboard!

Shopper's Drug Mart used to be soooo good for Halloween but it seems like they've really been phoning it in the last few years.

Looking forward to checking out your blog. :)

·
Registered
823 Posts
welcome ! Hamilton here and i know what you mean i am the only house decorated full scale on my street and we only have like 40 to 50 kids but for me it's worth it so enjoy this forum peoples are fantastic here they help and encourage and post pics of your decoration if you can
Frenchy

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow - you guys are an awesome bunch! Thanks for the warm welcome.

Can't believe Halloween is just 8 days away! With the big day coming, I'm trying to get my new Halloween blog ready, but I can't include the URL here yet until I have 3 posts under my belt -- and this would make post #2 ... so I will forge ahead and keep posting! :D

·
🎃 | )ark ( )verlord 🎃
1,092 Posts

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
From England, the old Baron bids you....Welcome.

baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture169299-greetings.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts