Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:)
Just joined. My name is Simon, and I am from Hampshire in England (UK).

I came across this site as a bit of a fluke, after trying to find some online US Companies that ship International.

Here in the UK, we have stores like ASDA (Part of Walmart), but the stock is nothing near as what Walmart (US) seems to offer!

I have been decorating my home since 2005 and each year its got bigger adn bigger.

This year will be no exception, but I am looking for a real good stand out prop, either sound or motion activated.

But I have failed to find any decent online stores that ship international.

Been using ebay.com for many items.

Any advice helpful.
Thanks for allowing me to join !
Regards
Simon

·
"They won't stay dead."
1,366 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck on your search. :)

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

Welcome from a fellow english member! :D
Yeah, Ebay is the best bet for finding good halloween stuff. Just be sure to keep your eyes peeled in stores too, as you can find a few bargains! Check the Merchandise Watch UK thread for what other UK members have spotted in the shops.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks for this link. will check it now!

I am the only one in our street that actually goes to any lengths of displaying a good haunted house.

Simon

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Many thanks for this link. will check it now!

I am the only one in our street that actually goes to any lengths of displaying a good haunted house.

Simon
Greetings.
It's the same old story. Although there are quite a few of us UK haunters here on the forum, we're scattered around the country and seem to be the only ones in our respective neighbourhoods that go to any lengths.

The problem with importing anything from the states is the shipping costs involved, which add mightily to the price. In the case of large animatronic props this can make the cost prohibitive in many cases, thats if you can find a company that ships internationally.

If it's Gemmy style figures that you're after, One of the members up in the Stockport area, Dazzer, has a few. He's a great guy and I'm sure he could point you in the right direction if you asked him.

Other than that, there are some great ideas for making your own props here on the forum, including PIR motion sensor hacks and all the technical advice you would need to make your own animatronics.

Best of luck and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Baron
What I was looking for was something like the Inflatable Haunted House from Gemmy, but the reviews did not look good!
I see it on eBay though

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi and welcome

hi simon welcome
iam in the uk as well but i'm in scotland
we are at a disadvantage with our stores here
all i can sugest is to keep loking
modify the projects you find on line
try second hand shops,charity shops.ect for costumes for props
goog luck and have a horrid halloween

·
Registered
139 Posts
hi and welcome to the forum.

everyone is really helpful.

i am from the uk and if you need anything specific, let me know and will help if i can.

we wanted one of the gemmy haunted houses (i think they are about £100) but he shipping cost is also about £100!!!!

instead i have just built a lean to at the side of the house and am creating a tunnel of terror

1 - 20 of 21 Posts