Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Everyone,

Thought I'd jump in and introduce myself. I own a machine shop, which I run part time. I am full time student studying high energy physics. I love halloween and make a haunted house every year. At first, we did a haunted forrest, but as the setup grew, it became too much to set up and tear down should the weather fail to cooperate. Lately, we've been setting up in a machine shed.
You all can consider me a complete newbie when it comes to haunting, though. I'm still learning as I go and I intend to steal a lot of ideas from you folks. Hopefully I'll be able to provide some help here and there, though. I do have quite a bit of expierence with mechanical gizmos and, like I said, I own a machine shop.

Well I guess that's all for an intro... Thanks!

·
Registered
495 Posts
welcome there are tons of great ideas.

Your a machinist that will be a great asset to the group as well. You guys can build a space shuttle with duct tape and chicken wire :D

-PB

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Greetings Fasttrack.
You'll find plenty of talented, helpful residents here that will help you develop your prop making skills in no time at all..

Welcome to the asylum..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey thanks for the welcome!

PumpkinTortureGuy - It depends! :) My permanent address is near Chicago, but my machine shop is in Missouri, north of St. Louis. I usually spend the summers running the shop for the ag industry and, during the school year, I can be found studying physics in Rolla. This summer I'm in Indiana doing research - actually working on MEt reconstruction for the ATLAS detector in the LHC at CERN.

The haunted house/forrest is held in Missouri. So, I'm kind of all over the midwest :)

·
Registered
495 Posts
This summer I'm in Indiana doing research - actually working on MEt reconstruction for the ATLAS detector in the LHC at CERN.
I didn't follow any of that /\ lol, sounds cool though. As long as you can apply it to Halloween that is what is important!!!!

-PB

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welcome aboard, your talent is astounding. [prop boy, i didn't understand a word of it either. need pictures to look at].
I'm not sure talent is the right word - hell I could just be making all this up :D
Don't have any pictures but I could provide a sample piece of ROOT script that crunches some of the numbers for me. Not much to look at though ... :)

Well I got my order of RD407 in today - I'm trying a new project and, depending on how well it comes out, I'll post some pictures! ;)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
oh, i doubt you're making it up, just i for one don't understand mechanics. but i can be impressed though with others talents.

looking forward to your pictures.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts