Halloween Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow Haunters!

My name is Dave. I'm 43 (which is the new 23 btw). I live in Sin City, aka Las Vegas, Nv. and I've had a twisted love for Halloween for as long as I can remember.

I think it all started when I was really little, and watched The Creature from the Black Lagoon on TV (in black and white no less). I grew up watching the old school horror flicks like Frankenstein, The Wolfman, The Mummy, Dracula, and of course The Creature from the Black Lagoon, just to name a few. Although I love old horror flicks, The Munsters, and the Addams Family are by far my all time favs. If I could have ever traded my parents in for new ones, Herman and Lily Munster would have been on the top of my list!

Anywho, I live for Halloween, and can't wait for it to come around every year. I'm one of those people that wishes we could celebrate it at least twice a year, because once just isn't enough!

I spend a lot of time out in my garage working on new props for the next Halloween season. I do a little of everything, from sculpting and making my own molds, to airbrushing, and building pneumatic powered props. I find it amazing how much creepy talent people have when I look at all the props other people have built in these forums. Home Haunters ROCK!

I would have never guessed so many other people were so into Home Haunting. I started building my own props because the props that were available at the larger dept. stores were really cheesy, and didn't really have much of a creepy factor to them. It just took one trip to a professional prop shop in Seattle (I lived in Seattle for several years) during the Halloween season to get me hooked. They had a MIB in the front of the store that just amazed me. I've since built my own MIB, and a ton of other props (pics in my album).

I'm looking forward to Halloween '09, and working with paper mache to make a few Graveyard dwellers. I'm also planning on doing a few Munster makeovers on some of my old pneumatic props, as well as trying to build at least one new pneumatic prop, which will be a Zombie blaster. As soon as I start building the new props, I'll be sure to post pics in the forum!

I look forward to chatting with you guys, so feel free to send me a message! -Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey YardHauntJunkie. It's been a few years, but I believe the shops were Display & Costume in Seattle & Everett, as well as Champion Party Supply in Seattle. I believe I saw the MIB at Display & Costume. They only had the really cool pneumatic props displayed during the Halloween season.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi Dave.
I think most of us haunters "of a certain age" were bitten in early childhood by the classic Universal and Hammer movies..I know I was.
You can keep up to date with all the news on the planned and upcoming remakes of "The Wolfman" and "Creature from the Black lagoon" in our Horror films and literature thread.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.