Halloween Forum banner

Hello from Scary Firefighter

788 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  TK421 
#1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I found this site while searching for new ideas for Halloween decorations. I'm thinking this is going to be a great place to get ideas and advice as I continue with this strange love for Halloween that I have.

Been doing a yard haunt for about 3 or 4 years now. Seems to just get bigger and more fun every October. This year the prop is going to be an electric chair so any advice on that would be very welcomed.

I started 3 albums of my haunts in 2006, 2007 and 2008.... please go and check them out.

#9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

Yes, it is funny to see how our yard haunts can evolve over the years. I guess now that I think about it, I've done 5 yard haunts. The haunt in 2005 (that I have no pics of) just had 3 headstones, a strobe light and some cob webs and a jack-o-lantern.... I think I've come a long way since then. Maybe the best part is learning what does and does not work and then improving on what you have done the next year. I know that some of my best ideas for stuff comes on Halloween night as I'm enjoying watching everybody enjoy the set-up. Then I just have to remember the ideas for the next year.

However, one thing I don't like is that my haunt is pretty much completely static. It's cool to look at but there isn't really anything moving. Except of course for myself this last year staring as the imprisoned Michael Myers. The best part about that prop is that I made the cell bars wide enough to slip through. Many times last Halloween I let the trick r' treaters get their candy and start walking off... only to slip out and start following them down the street. Got a lot of screams and laughs and I think I scared the adults more than the kids. Took several pics with everybody also.

I really need to figure out how to make this electric chair work right. I think I'm going to buy the lumber tomorrow and begin the basic construction of the chair itself. Should be interesting to see how this project grows and what challenges it presents me as I try to make it happen.

I'm thinking I want to make it either gray or black... and use this silver and black skulls that I found at Walgreens after Halloween last year. Make it more of a "gothic style" chair rather than old style. I know I want it to have a tall back and some sort of leather strapes for securing the dummy.

Hope I can make it happen they way I see it in my head.

#10 ·
greetings.

Glad to see you've already got some help with your electric chair build in the Props section.

There is one that wasn't mentioned, built recently by Dr Terroreyes. It's a great prop and there are some pics of it in an album on his profile page. Well worth a look.
I'm sure the Doc won't mind me referring you.

Welcome to the forum.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.