Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - I am Jackie from MN and I am new to this! We love Halloween and have had had lots of parties over the years. Got burned out and didn't do one last year but are planning one again for this year.

I know this is last minute - but we are hoping to do a horse drawn hearse. Bought a doctor's buggy base (basically to get the wheels) (which are in great shape and are a weathered reddish color) but am having issues as the wheels are too close together. If we put on an 8 foot box for the wagon base, it will look ridiculous. So now have to either lengthen the wheel base (which looks like a nightmare) or somehow remove both axles with wheels intact (and we need to keep the turning mechanism) and then figure out how to attach these to the box...

Has anyone ever done this? It looks like it would be simpler just to start from scratch but I really need these wheels...This thing is going to be heavy...

Greatly appreciate any advice! I have looked at a couple of tutorials on hearses and they were great but didn't address my problem.

Thanks!!!

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Hey Jackie! Welcome to the forums! Love Minnesota!

You may want to start a new thread in the prop section as well (with a descriptive hearse title) - or maybe tag onto one of the existing hearse threads to get more eyeballs - especially those with hearse knowhow.

I was gonna suggest you scale it down and do a forced perspective thing somehow - but you're actually planning on using this for rides? That wouldn't work at all then.

Sounds like a great project. Hope you get some assistance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to those who have welcomed me! I will try to get up a pic of our build. My brother (the brains behind this project) figured out how to deal with our problem so we are all set to get started...They are forcasting lows in the 30's for Saturday - gotta love Minnesota!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts