Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm Jim. Computer geek by day... Ghoul by night!

My main Halloween activity (as of last year) is participating in the Worlds of Fun (amusement park) Halloween Haunt parade. My brother owns a hearse and last year, he was asked to drive it in the parade, which officially starts the Haunt each night.

Last year, I went as a vampire, and I let them (Worlds of Fun) do the makeup for me (my avatar is from the parade last year... the teeth are mine!) This year, I'm doing my own makeup, and I decided to mix it up a bit. The great thing about doing this parade is that it makes Halloween last through September and October and gives me several opportunities to dress up. I stumbled across this forum while looking for makeup/costume ideas online.

Another (long term!) project that I'm in the planning stages of is to build a motorized casket to drive behind my brother's hearse in the parade!

Look forward to exploring the forum!

Jim

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Jim! Nice to meet a fellow haunter in the same area. My husband and I will be attending the Worlds of Fun Haunt this year. I would love to be involved but that's a 40 minute drive for me. We will be sure to look for you guys in the parade!

Dawn

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Jim! Nice to meet a fellow haunter in the same area. My husband and I will be attending the Worlds of Fun Haunt this year. I would love to be involved but that's a 40 minute drive for me. We will be sure to look for you guys in the parade!
Hi, Dawn! The hearse will be in the parade every Friday and Saturday. I will only be there on 2 or 3 of the remaining Saturdays. There will be other people riding along on the other dates.

The silver-gray hearse in the parade is my brother's. There's a picture of it in the "Show off Your Costume" Thread:
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-costume-ideas/74660-show-off-your-costume-post1687465.html#post1687465

And the makeup I wore on Saturday (but, I'll probably do different makeup each time!):
http://www.halloweenforum.com/halloween-costume-ideas/74660-show-off-your-costume-post1687100.html#post1687100

1 - 7 of 7 Posts