Halloween Forum banner

Hello from Hanford, CA

740 views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  The Halloween Lady 
#1 ·
I love Halloween. I always have. But it was only until 2009 that I became a full fledged fan of the holiday -- to the extent of celebrating year round. In 2009, '10, '11, and '12, my girlfriend and I threw huge Halloween parties. But last year, I decided to forgo the party to plan a home haunt... something I have always wanted to do. It was incredibly fun and now I want to do it every year. It was a lot of work, but it ended up being so worth the effort to see how much fun others were having.

I visited local Halloween stores almost daily since they had opened, wishing to buy out the whole store. But I made do with what I had and got very nice compliments from people of all ages. Additionally, I was fortunate to be living on an actual Elm Street and named my haunt "Frightmare on Elm Street".

I created my home haunt with mostly store bought props and look forward to make some DIY props this year. I know this forum will be helpful and I love the sense of community I have witnessed here so far. You all share so much of the passion as I do for this holiday and seem to evoke the Halloween spirit year-round. I look forward to meeting you all and learning and sharing. Thanks!

Here are some pics from my home haunt last year:

Cake Comfort food Table Fictional character Food

Purple Violet Screenshot Fictional character Games

Fictional character

Room Floor House Fictional character

Room Curtain Art

Art T-shirt

Skull

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.