Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Stumbled across the forum a few weeks back and I'm in awe already. I feel like I've hit the jackpot!

I'm Kirsty, I live in Glasgow, Scotland and I love Halloween.
I'm finally getting the chance to host a Halloween party this year and i'm over the moon. :D

Reactions: themyst

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Glasgow! Wow! I'm not even 100% sure on what Halloween is like over there these days.

Welcome to the forums, Kristy! Good luck with the party (should be some stuff here to help you kick things up a notch or two).

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have seen some excellent ideas so far, though some are maybe a bit too advanced for me at the moment, but something to strive for in the future.
I'll definitely be taking lots of pics, have come across so many great ideas recently. Can't wait to see the results.
Halloween isn't a massive thing over here, which is rubbish. It's only celebrated for one night, if at all. Kids only go trick or treating in the rural areas, and there's not too many parties. The clubs in town are usually busy, but full of students!

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Hi and WELCOME from across the border in England , good to see another U.K. haunter , check out the u.k. related posts especially on Halloween products availability in the U.K. , have you a theme for your party ? anyway looking forward to chatting with you in the forum , if you need any help advice or ideas , this is the place , just ask .

·
Here to burgle your turts
2,305 Posts
Halloween isn't a massive thing over here, which is rubbish. It's only celebrated for one night, if at all.
Things like this forum really skew the appearance of participation - I'd say maybe 50% of people hand out candy. Maybe 30% decorate but the vast majority of those would likely consider Halloween a "one night" thing. Just guessing at the numbers though.

Although if you looked at the store shelves, you'd think everyone had a yard full of zombies and monsters. I do hope your the start of a trend in Scotland though. I think a lot of the elements for Halloween came from roughly your part of the world. It's a shame if you're now lagging behind.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks pacman, haven't found any UK specific posts yet so i'll look those out!
That's interesting, Gobby, I guess it's all about perspective. I, maybe naively, always imagined rows and rows of big houses adorned with decorations. Wishful thinking :)

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Hi Kirsty - welcome to the growing ranks of UK Haunters on the forum - don't think we have that many Scots so far.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts