Halloween Forum banner

Hello from Finland!

945 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Tiina 
#1 ·
This is Tiina, 30+ year old girl from Finland!

Here in Finland Halloween isn't yet so big of an event, but maybe/hopefully going to.. On Easter kids around here go kinda "trick or treating", they dress up like witches and goes from door to door. They swing branches decorated with feathers etc to spell away evil, and they get candy as reward.

Last year we had a Halloween-party at our house and we went to a nightclub afterwards. Everyone was dressed up and we had a blast!

There isn't a party at our hometown this year at all, plus I'm going to a catshow on Halloween, so well skip this year. But next year, oh boy! :D

This is me and my hubby last year, dressed as Grim and Lady Reaper. Need to practice my face-painting skills :rolleyes:
Outerwear Darkness Fictional character Costume

Because I want to have something halloweenish this year also - regardless that I'm not at home - my cat will have a halloween-themed showcagedecoration :D. Plus I'm planning to have something in my hotel room, will invite friends over.. I'll take photos and post them here.

I'm gathering ideas and diy-hints, and planning to start really early to work on 2016-Halloween. My husband has a fog-machine already, uses it as photography-prop. I'm going to lend it next year. :) There are really next to nothing halloween-stuff at stores here (Christmas-stuff has been available for about a month now, three months before! ) So almost everything must be diy or via ebay..

Maybe most of the our decoration will be indoors, wont' be decorating our lawn that much.. Something next to our front door thou, etc..

See less See more
#6 ·
First: Thank you for welcoming me, punkineater, mariem, packman and maleficent!

Secondly: OMG OMG, my hubby got exited about the animated witch. Yei! I showed him jmowbray's moving witch and my hubby started to plan how to do similar one. "That fog isn't a a biggie at all" he said ;) (I'll edit the link here when I can, need to post more until allowed ( /halloween-props/136984-2014-prop-work-2.html) )

In my plans there will be at year 2016's Halloween a really old, dirty, horrible looking Cook with a ladle, stirring a pot. If I can pull it off, she will have a cigarette between her lips, idea is to draw a pipe from the pot/fogmachine through her head and to the cigarette so that it appears to be lighted. Hopefully the fog runs the distance. And maybe a flickering light too.. Hmm, I have battery operated candles, maybe it's "hammer-time" :D Need to see how I can dismantle them.. The Cook shall be placed beside the drink/food-table. Also I'm thinking about a butler to go with the Cook, I have to decide what to make him do. Should he just stand there immovable, or do I wan't him to move? Whee, an idea: Motion-censor -> he reaches out and hands a cup-tray closer.

This morning I got a message from the catshows secretary: Because it's Halloween, she dares people to pack halloween-stuff with them. :rolleyes: allready packed :D !

Last night we did a "two ragdolls"-photoshoot :). I'm trying to be a "broken ragdoll trying to be a primadonna". I'm not that girly at all, except my nails. I never use a dress, I drive my own motorcycle and can camp in a tent at summer. Oh, and the other ragdoll lays in my lap, two and a half year old girl, total dramaqueen. Tells loudly if something doesn't go as she wants :D
Hubby did some photoshopping and voilá!
Darkness Cg artwork Fiction Illustration Digital compositing

#8 ·
Here we are, ready to compete!

Jack O'lantern made of newspaper and tissue paper, and painted to look like concrete. Battery operated candle inside.
Skull-bowl for the kibble, she eats brainnz :D

Skullhand holds a sign "Fingers off, thank you!", people aren't allowed to touch cats without owners permission. There are severed fingers to make the point :D Oh, and a plastic rat, because she is an indoor cat and hasn't seen,a real mouse ore rat in her life.

If we graduate today, I'll serve some candy and champagne, I have made a bowl for that too..

Cat Small to medium-sized cats Felidae Animal shelter Ragdoll

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.