Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this site and Halloween! Guess it started when I was a kid and the local Haunted House was down the street from my house. I could hear the music in the evenings and it really set the tone for the season. Anybody here from central Illinois? I would love to see some of the great things from this site in person!

·
kakos
7,217 Posts
Welcome!!! I swear IL is going to take over this forum. I'm from the NW suburbs.

Seeing things in person is always the best, but there are some terrific pics here of people's haunts. Some even post video. Do you have a haunt?

·
Blaberus craniifer
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!! Have to agree with MrsMeyer666, can't believe how many people from IL I'm meeting on here.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Welcome! I used to live in Decatur, Urbana and in Springfield (not at the same time). I still visit Decatur a few times a year.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i lived in decatur. lol. georgia that is. it has always amazed me how there are the same towns over and over in different states.
well, even though i'm not from ill., welcome aboard

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I'm from Central IL! I live in Las Vegas now, though. Still, I hope to move back "home" at some point. I miss having seasons!

I'm from Virginia, IL, have lived in Jacksonville, Springfield, and Naperville. Headed back to Springfield when I do go back.

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread. I was born & raised mostly in Decatur, but also lived in Champaign, Monticello, Rantoul, Deland, and Ivesdale. I was just back there for a family reunion a few months ago.

·
Registered
145 Posts
LV_Scott_T -

How long ago did you live in Decatur? I went to Muffley for a year, Mound for a year, and then moved back in '80 for high school at Stephen Decatur. You still have family there? We might know some of the same people!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Too funny, LairMistress. Yeh - people don't generally stay in Decatur. I'm surprised you lasted as long as you did! lol

·
STARK Raving Mad
937 Posts
LV_Scott_T -

How long ago did you live in Decatur? I went to Muffley for a year, Mound for a year, and then moved back in '80 for high school at Stephen Decatur. You still have family there? We might know some of the same people!

I went to Roach ES (William St @ 19th St) from 70-75, DCS at Grace Baptist Church in 75/76, Garfield part of 76, out-of-town 76-78, Stephen Decatur 78-80, and out in Las Vegas 80-82.

Sounds like we just missed each other.

No. They're all in Monticello now.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts