Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, fellow Halloween enthusiasts.

I joined this forum when I saw a member had posted a while back to request information on where to buy Skull Crusher candy. I happen to be selling a few boxes which I had shipped over from the UK to satisfy a quarter century long craving. If anyone's interested, the thread can be found in the Off-Topic forum.

Thanks, everybody, for humoring me.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
always glad to have another halloween enthusiests on board. so do you have a yard haunt, a gala party, build props? what's your halloween direction that binds us all?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, thanks for the warm welcome, everybody.

always glad to have another halloween enthusiests on board. so do you have a yard haunt, a gala party, build props? what's your halloween direction that binds us all?
Unfortunately, I live in an apartment and don't really have the capability of doing anything as grand as a yard haunt or even a party. I tend to enjoy those things more than actually employ them.

My enthusiasm for Halloween really just goes back to enjoying it as my favorite holiday when I was a child. There's just something about the combination of free candy, a relaxed day at school, and the promise of supernatural forces having free reign one night out of the year that's just too much for a kid to resist. I'm sure memories of emptying and carving pumpkins, roasting seeds, and watching Halloween specials on TV didn't hurt either.

On the pumpkin front, here are a few shots of the one I carved last year to put on the stoop of a relative's front porch:

http://www.juicepossum.com/download/halloween/

I've always been a big believer in the scariness of Halloween over the campiness, preferring horrifying costumes that instill terror over silly clowns and the increasingly popular slutty look. Not that I'm a prude; just a purist.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
greetings Chris.
I can't believe anybody actually likes Skullcrusher candy, but I do agree with you about not liking the slutty look. I tried it once, but I chafed to buggery and caught a chill...It did scare the TOT's though, but I think I'll stick to the top hat and frock coat in future.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Tormentor of Cucurbits
3,477 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts