Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been browsing this site on and off for years, and finally decided it was time I joined. I've always loved Halloween and I'm a big Harry Potter fan. Many years ago, I threw together an HP movie release party. Since I had several props that I made for the party stored away, I decided to put them out on display for trick-or-treat. I got a great response, so I added to it each year. A few years ago I moved into a house that had split face block walls, and a very castle-like front door. The neighborhood kids called the house "the castle." It was a natural progression that I would play on that and turn my garage into Hogwarts for Halloween. Every year I would add to my "Hogwarts Halloween." Unfortunately I moved, and the new house was in a rural area that got no trick-or-treaters. Now we have moved once more, and I am again in an area that gets tons of Halloween action. I'm excited to get my props back out of storage, and I'm always looking for new ideas to expand my display. I've been so impressed with many of the projects all of you have done, and look forward to meeting you here on the forum!

·
The Cackling Cauldron
1,311 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)
It sounds like you have a great display set up going already, any chance you will have some pictures ready to share? Looking forward to seeing all of your haunt!

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have been browsing this site on and off for years, and finally decided it was time I joined. I've always loved Halloween and I'm a big Harry Potter fan. Many years ago, I threw together an HP movie release party. Since I had several props that I made for the party stored away, I decided to put them out on display for trick-or-treat. I got a great response, so I added to it each year. A few years ago I moved into a house that had split face block walls, and a very castle-like front door. The neighborhood kids called the house "the castle." It was a natural progression that I would play on that and turn my garage into Hogwarts for Halloween. Every year I would add to my "Hogwarts Halloween." Unfortunately I moved, and the new house was in a rural area that got no trick-or-treaters. Now we have moved once more, and I am again in an area that gets tons of Halloween action. I'm excited to get my props back out of storage, and I'm always looking for new ideas to expand my display. I've been so impressed with many of the projects all of you have done, and look forward to meeting you here on the forum!
Welcome! Yes please post some pictures of your Hogwarts display and party! Can't wait to see what you post and welcome!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts