Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel very spastic, for I'm not too familure with how to manuver within this forum yet, so don't laugh too much if I do something goofy!

I'm so glad that I have finally found a place where I can talk about anything Halloween, any time of the year and not have to watch someone's eyes roll =)

I am addicted to Halloween! For as long as I can remember, Halloween has been "my" holiday. I remember the rush I always got when my dad would carry down the boxes of decorations from the attic, when I was a kid. I attribute my love of Halloween to my Grandmother, who always let me decorate her house, let me watch halloween movies (that I probaly shouldn't have been watching) and told me that she knew witchcraft >=) In kindergarten, one of the room mothers made pumpkin bread and toasted pumpkin seeds for my class. I'll never forget going home and telling my mom that she had to get the recepies for these things =) Being the cool mom that she is, she abliged, along with searching many stores for a paper skeleton "just like my teachers" and marshmellow creme pumpkins... which I happen to be eating as I type =) Yummm! Sugary goodness that will probably cause my teeth to fall out one day! LOL!

Of course, my Halloween decorating schemes went from stuffing pumpkin bags with leaves to creating my own tombstones. My costumes evolved from store bought, to self construced.

Halloween 2004, I was at the peak of my "Halloweeness", with an awesome costume that took 3-4 years to piece together, a boyfriend who aquired my passion and also construced an awesome costume over about 3 years, and I had created the best cemetary in my parents front yard yet, with tombstones that I made myself, with the help of internet tips, and thanks to my dad who I will always consider Indiana Jones, real cow bones scattered across the lawn (thanks to one of his many curious exploritory days). The following summer, Hurricane Katrina hit and took it all. It was really hard to lose all of the things that I had collected. Halloweens 2005 & 2006 were very sad for me. I was too busy getting my life back together to really make awesome Halloween plans/decorations/costumes.....

But.... my two Halloweenless years have been redeemed!

The boyfriend that aquired in my passion for Halloween, became my husband on October 27, 2007. Pumpkins carved with our initals were decorations at our reception. My husband's groom's cake, was a king cake decorated with spiders, roaches and snakes =) And, to top it all off, we honeymooned in Disney World and went to the Mickey's Halloween Party on Halloween night, dresses as the "Newly Deads". It was the BEST night of my life and in 30 days we're off to Disney again to relive it =)

In addition, we are about to spend our first Halloween (flying back from Disney the day before Halloween) in our first house! So, naturally, I... we, have gone totally nuts buying things to create "our" first haunt =) We're having a BLAST and I've all ready gotten some amazing ideas from this site =)

I hope to meet many of you!

~Heidi~

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Wow, it seems like you've really been on a Halloween roller coaster, but it seems like things are going much better now. I think you'll find some other Halloween brides on here also. Tons of nice people, and lots of talent here.

Welcome to the forum and Happy Haunting!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Hey, that's an impressive little story! There's a few from Halloween-married couples on here, so i'm sure you'll find something to talk about with them:D

Glad you have joined up. You'll love it here!
(And we'd love to see any pics of the Disney Halloween lot, if you have any? I'd love to see what it's like)

·
Reaper Queen
8,628 Posts
Hello curlgoddess, welcome to the forum, loved your story, can't wit to see what you do at your first house, just make sure to take lots of pics, we LOVE pics here abouts!!
( I have people roll their eyes at me all the time, I know that look all to well!!LOL!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts