Halloween Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! My name is Celia, and I love Halloween! It's great to be in a place where I can finally talk to other HalloGeeks like myself. :D

I'm a student in Virginia, getting my MS in Geosciences. In my free time I watch a HUGE amount of horror movies (so far, about 450). I also have two blogs dedicated to giving reviews on movies/books/games and other Halloween-related subjects.

It sucks that Halloween only comes once a year, and sometimes I feel pretty silly because I'm obsessed with it year-round. But I found my remedy here. Can't wait to talk to you all!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hello Celia, it's a shame everyday can't be Halloween but if it were I guess it wouldn't be special. One advantage Halloween has over Christmas is that you can watch horror movies year round without people thinking you're crazy.

·
Somewhat Eccentric
2,278 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Never really thought of myself as a hallogeek, but I guess the title fits. :D

I'm a horror movie junkie myself, yet I'm always too busy around Halloween to watch any. :(

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
baron-samedi-albums-pics-picture28309-welcome.jpg

Hi and welcome from the UK!
I'm also a big horror movie fan, but like most of us here I'm always far too busy around Halloween to sit and watch any!!

Here's what I do...
Whenever there's a Friday 13th in the month, I have a "mini-ween". Get a few props out and decorate inside the house, I invite a few friends over...usually the ones that help with my haunt each year.. and invite them to bring a favourite horror flick and a few beers or bottle of wine. It's a great way to discuss any ideas for the coming Halloween, as well as an excuse to get a little fix of "Halloween spirit" occasionally through the year. :D:D

·
Registered
703 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's actually a really good idea, Baron Samedi. Mini-weens throughout the year would get me even more pumped for the real thing!

And I see what you mean. I also get too busy sometimes to watch any horror marathons around the holiday, but I guess I watch enough any other time that I still make up for it :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts