Halloween Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Internet Troll here from Pa. I have a feeling that I will be spending a lot of time poking around the site and wanted to introduce myself and give a little background to explain why I am here.

I never did a lot for Halloween until last year. A couple of weeks before Halloween I was in the garage with my then 7 year old and we were looking at some plywood and I said something along the lines of "what can we do with this" and he said "something for Halloween". It was like a light bulb went off in my head. We started cutting out tombstones, painted them and quickly had a cemetary. Here's a picture from this year of what we made last year.

Tree Natural environment Nature reserve Grass Trail

When we got done setting up the tomestone, we realized that looked lame by itself and bought a few things to go withit A partial skeleton, a ghoul to drape around a tombstone and a few other knicknacks. We also made an arm coming out of the ground, legs laying there, a werewolf and a reaper which I will have to figure out how to upload later.

Paper

I got some battery powered strobe lights that I put out every night. It did not look great but not bad either. On Halloween night my wife took my son out and I stayed behind to hand out candy to what I figured would be 5 people based on previous years. (Houses in my part of the neighborhood are far apart and most parents and kids hit townhouses that are down the street a bit) To my surprise we got about 40-50 kids and I had to raid my sons haul (he offered and we replaced it) when he and my wife came back. We got a lot of compliments on the display and I found myself muttering "wait till next year" and a monster was born.

We went out about a week later and bought a bunch of costumes from kmart at discounted prices, and when my wife and son went to Florida during spring break, I started making a bunch of stuff. Some on my own, and some ideas that I got from youtube once I realized that people probably posted videos of stuff like this.

Fashion Outerwear Room Costume Dress

Footwear Shoe Personal protective equipment Athletic shoe

Art

Pink

Recreation Sport venue

Just noticed the pictures are sideways, sorry about that.

Ghost Mask Fiction Fictional character Costume

Skull Glasses Sculpture

Leaf Tree Grass Woodland Plant

Demon Tree Outerwear Fictional character Costume

Lady Dress Outerwear Costume Fictional character

Floor Sidewalk Flooring Concrete Road surface

Tree Plant Woodland Forest

Tree Lawn Grass Outerwear Costume

Floor Sidewalk Flooring Concrete Road surface

Btw... I love the stiltbeast videos.

Art Sculpture Metal

Art Skeleton

This year I set up a table outside and dressed up as Mikhail Gorbachev, human canibal (for some reason I had the mask laying around)

Table Furniture Outdoor table Yard Coffee table

And worried that no one would show up. Luckily they did, we got around 70-80 trick or treaters this year and a bunch of kids and parents who wanted their picture with Mikail Gorbachev. and I am planning on adding to and hopefully improving my display every year. I have a bunch of ideas for next year and found this forum looking for ideas on how to make a witches cauldron. I am also going to be reading up on any lighting tips I can find.

Anyway I have enjoyed what I have read on the site so far and everyone's pictures. Have a nice day everyone.

·
Protector of the winged
1,491 Posts
Funny how a piece of plywood can turn you into a Halloween fanatic ;) Mine started at a young age but, all it took was a few Beistle cut outs and my dad chasing ToTs while in costume. I got hooked quick. Great pics and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Funny how a piece of plywood can turn you into a Halloween fanatic ;) Mine started at a young age but, all it took was a few Beistle cut outs and my dad chasing ToTs while in costume. I got hooked quick. Great pics and welcome to the forum!
I never looked at it that way. Yep, a piece of plywood was all it took. Thanks for the welcome.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.