Halloween Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

My name is Louis White and I am an avid Halloween enthusiast as well as a theme park & roller coaster enthusiast. I worked at Six Flags Great Adventure as a ghoul for one year and I must say it was majorly satisfying to scare the living crap out of park guests.

I am the webmaster of a great Roller Coaster Enthusiast Site and every year during the month of October when hallways go dark, screams fill the air, and theme parks transform into glorified Horror Parks. FrightTour is there to enjoy and capture the madness for your viewing pleasure!

FrightTour is an annual tour venturing to Five Theme Parks on Five Frightful Nights. Members of FrightTour can tag along and enjoy rides and coasters during the day and haunted mazes, walkthroughs, and areas at night. We video tape the crew walking through haunted houses and themed areas, catching every blood curdling scream!

·
AntiChrist Superstar
1,418 Posts
Welcome FrightTour, I love rollercoasters too, just came back from Disneyworld, road what they had there, my favorite park for coasters is Cedar Point. I never been to a park at Halloween though, gotta go one of these years. I would love to scare the crap outta people too, I would pay them to let me do it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome FrightTour, I love rollercoasters too, just came back from Disneyworld, road what they had there, my favorite park for coasters is Cedar Point. I never been to a park at Halloween though, gotta go one of these years. I would love to scare the crap outta people too, I would pay them to let me do it.
Thank you! Yea it was great getting paid to scare people! The event within the park started at 6. We walked out in a procession with real hollywood makeup. Then we scattered to our designated areas and scared people walking by. Check out Frighttour.com and maybe you can join us this fall.

·
Hauntingly Addicting
6,068 Posts
Welcome darling, glad you found your way here:)

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
welcome aboard. my daughter and i use to go to spooky world, [about 4 or 5 years in a row] then they moved and didn't have the scare quota. like one clown in the maze of mirrors, one ghoul on the whole hay ride. then the next year we went and there were a few more ghouls, but in one of the attractions they wouldn't let us out. it was overkill. in another attraction they had their masks off and just sitting visiting when we got up to them. and the next attraction they thought the girls that happened to go in when we went in were hot, so they took off their masks and exchanged names and numbers and walked out with us. when we had our cartoon pics drawn, the other artist not busy stood behind our artist and kept saying be nice, be nice. that made us uneasy. the pics were good so i tipped him. he didn't say thank you and was indifferent to the tip. that was 8 years ago. i stay to local haunts now. except i was going to go to netherworld last year, but that was more so to meet up with friends from here. so, this park of yours good?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We do local haunts as well like Terror Behind The Walls, Bates Motel, FrightFactory, and Feild of Fear. The theme parks that we go to have exceptional haunt attractions.

For example, a theme park out in Caifornia called Knott's Berry Farms transforms into Knott's Scary Farms with 1000 ghouls and goblins and over a dozen haunted walk throughs! Definately a must go if you live or are visiting that area!

You should join the mailing list to see the fun!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i went to knotts berry farms. i loved it. i thought it was ever as good as disneyland, which i also loved. knotts scary farm sounds fun.

·
Lord of the Cemetery
2,081 Posts
Hi Louis, Welcome to the nut-house!
Hey...you actually get paid to scare the pants off people! that sounds like a complete blast.
I, along with most of the other inmates in this asylum would probably pay to get the chance to do that!

so..How do you get to be a pro or semi pro scare actor?. I mean do you have to go to ghoul school or something? or do you just approach a pro haunt and ask if they could use another zombie about the place?
I'm sure a lot of members here would be interested to know.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To be honest. I worked at Six Flags Great Adventure as a ghoul. I worked in the Hayride but then got hurt cause I was to into it and kept jumping from a ledge to the wagon.

Then I went to main gate as a zombie with a chainsaw but then got removed because it got too crowded.

Then I went to the Terror Trail in the rear of the park and remained there for the last week of the season.

Scaring people is a blast and if I didn't get paid to do it I would still do it. You don't have to be trained to become a haunt. However, places like Hollywood Universal Horror Nights, Knott's Scary Farms require you go through a training class that they provide and teach. Places like FrightFactory, Terror Behind The Walls, Field of Fear, and Bates Motel you can just sign up to do it. I believe the last time I spoke to a ghoul they were getting paid $10 an hour.

Let me warn you though. It is a dangerous job. You get hit numerous times from people that get startled easily. So please be careful if you decide to do it.

If you want more info please sign up for the FrightTour Mailing List. We will be going to Five Theme Parks this year plus 3 other extra haunts in the local tri-state area.

·
Hauntless
8,374 Posts
Ahh, rollercoasters and Halloween. Goes together like peanut butter and chocolate.

I love to combine them when I go to World's of Fun in Kansas City when they transform the park to their Halloween Haunt. One of my favorite things to do is go through one of their haunts, walk-thru a scarezone and then ride the Mamba (rollercoaster) at night! Ohh, yeah, that sweet adrenaline. YUMMY! :)

Oh, and welcome

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just wanted to let you guys know. We have Horrified our FrightTour Homepage up a bit with a new flash animation. It really gets you in the mood for Halloween. And if you love theme parks and halloween together please sign up for the mailing list!

FrightTour | Unleashing on June 1st!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts