Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I would like to introduce myself. I am a middle aged mom of 5 and grandmother to 2 and live in the beautiful state of Wyoming. Back in the early 2000's I threw together a haunted house for a organization I belonged to at the time in about a month. I had no experience whatsoever in putting one together and we were on a very limited budget. Thanks to my crafty skills and the help of my husband I managed to make various simple props and gave roles to actors. The haunted house was an overall success for 3 yrs that I was in charge of putting one together. However the success was due to instructions and tutorials from haunters with more expertise than me. So I would like to say Thank-you to any of you who have been posting instructions and tutorials online for a while. Sadly the organization I belonged to kinda started dying out. Older members were leaving and no new members were joining up, so the haunted houses stopped as well. However it did give me a case of the haunt bug and I have started to decorate up my own yard for Halloween. Each year I plan to add more props and small scenes to my yard. I even got permission from a neighbor to use their yard when mine becomes too chaotic. After seeing all the things you all have built and put up my mind is racing with all sorts of ideas.

So anyways, that is a little about who I am and why I joined the group. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with and creates. I'll also share any new ideas I come up with as well and do my best to give instructions on how I put it all together. Happy Haunting everyone.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank-you Sharon3106 for the welcome. I am currently working on a 3 foot tall by about 3 foot wide cauldron that I plan on putting 3 animated witches around. Each witch will have different movements. I got hands made for one witch, just about finished with the hands of another witch and will need to get the 3rd witch's hands made. Then I will need to work on their heads/faces. The first witch will be stirring the cauldron, I will be revamping the cauldron creep a little. The second witch will be holding an open spell book in her hands and her head will be turning side to side. The third witch I hope to have one arm move up and down so it looks like she is adding ingredients to the cauldron. These will be my big builds for this year.

I have a lot more plans and ideas for more props in the future. I will try and add photos of things as I can as well as any instructions for new ideas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts