Halloween Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to figure out how I can transform about 5 Costco skeleton dogs into miniature hellhounds. Anyone have any ideas of what I can do. I'm thinking I'll put a few red LEDs on the inside of the chest to make it filled with "hell". I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out what to do with the body/coloring???

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you use Krylon plastic paint, you could do a rubbed finish ( spray the body, let it partially dry then rub off some of the paint with a rag) with grey paint. As well, you could get fake fur and trim the head and parts of the body with it.

I do like the idea of red LED's in the body.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome, it was actually your original post that gave me this idea, but I was unable to relocate it lol. I'm think of building a red LED board that flickers slightly to give it a little life, and is also automatically activated when the sun goes down (I'm lazy and don't like to turn on and off all of my decorations every night).

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well 3/4 done....I just need to add some lights and a chain possibly.
here's the build process and the finished result
20150905_165550.jpg
1441513410021.jpg

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So here's the finished product of my hellhounds. I wired the 3 together so that I can automatically control the lights in the eyes and body with a solar cell/battery.

20150907_200945.jpg
20150907_200923.jpg

1 - 9 of 9 Posts