Halloween Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm building a Hellevator as my main attraction this year. I'm using a design similar to this.

It is pretty clean and simple, but I am trying to understand how these stabilizing bars work? How is it possible for these to allow the platform to go up if they are bolted in? Or maybe they slide somehow? Or maybe they are modified gas springs and I just can't see them?

Any thoughts it ideas would be great. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those bars in front and on each side are steel diagonal braces bolted in on each end to keep the platform square and on top of the airbags during operation.
Right, but it is physically impossible for it to be bolted in to each end and still be able to raise up. The only things I can think of how they might have done this:
  1. It is some type of telescoping setup where maybe they have a smaller steel tubing inside of another that can slide to extend the whole brace as the top platform moves upward
  2. It has some horizontal slot at the top where it is bolted in, and the bolt slides in the slot as the top platform moves upward

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You know better so I’ll respectfully back off from the discussion. I happen to be friends with the sole owner of both companies so I know 0 lol. Also blithe 3 hellavators but yea know 0. Perhaps I’m confusing Hinge and pivot with you.
Those cross bars in short are safety mechanisms. Can be achieved several ways including chains on corners.
That must have come out the wrong way. I didn't mean to say you didn't know anything! I appreciate you trying to help.

It is hard to describe what I'm asking. I understand what you are saying about them being braces. What I don't understand is how the platform can raise unless those braces extend and retract somehow. The braces can't be the same length when it is raised vs when it is lowered, can they? It is not like a scissor lift where there is an extra pivot point in the middle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I've never heard of de dion. I'll have to research that.

And yes, I'm only using one solenoid for the front and back on the left airbags, and one for the front and back on the right airbags, so they move together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts