Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I promised a non scary halloween this year since we are having a party for 4 year olds. Our little one is used to the scary props but didn’t want to scare his friends. Kind of hard having to revamp or create new non scary props. Made some witch legs in planter, switched out the witch face to a normal face. However, that still wasn’t enough to fill the void. I decided on making Hector and Imelda from Coco. Just about done with Hector... need his pouch, guitar and sew his pants a bit more narrow. Now to start working on Imelda.

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
I love it! Looks like the body is mostly a pose and stay skeleton, but how did you modify it and make the face/clothing?

:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, the Skelton is one of those basic posing one. I got a styrofoam head and modified it a bit before I paper mache it. Narrowed the sides, dug the eyes out more, added to the chin, and took out the lower teeth. After I paper mache it I basically painted it and used sharpies for the design. I got a wig and scored the clothes at a thrift shop for 7 bucks... including the hat. I made the red scark out of scrap fabric and had to order the suspenders from amazon. I also used half glass inch beads for eyes with a print out of eyes behind it. Sorry didn’t take pics. These are some I have of the sculpting of styrofoam.

Attachments

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
Well it looks fantastic and great job on the styro head modeling. The eyes really make it pop, but it's just about dead on as far as what you were going for. The kids are going to LOVE this setup! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love it! Looks like the body is mostly a pose and stay skeleton, but how did you modify it and make the face/clothing?

:cool:
Yes, the Skelton is one of those basic posing one. I got a styrofoam head and modified it a bit before I paper mache it. Narrowed the sides, dug the eyes out more, added to the chin, and took out the lower teeth. After I paper mache it I basically painted it and used sharpies for the design. I got a wig and scored the clothes at a thrift shop for 7 bucks... including the hat. I made the red scark out of scrap fabric and had to order the suspenders from amazon. I also used half glass inch beads for eyes with a print out of eyes behind it. Sorry didn’t take pics. These are some I have of the sculpting of styrofoam.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,521 Posts
Would u sell?
This person hasn't been back on the forum almost 3 years, so you're unlikely to get any response. But they did explain how they built it, so you might could recreate it yourself. :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts