Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,876 Posts
I appreciate my power tools-- but I do a lot of household DIY on our place, and I fixed up a place to sell (I won't say 'house flipping' because that implies quick and substandard; the point is that the working tools have paid for themselves). I have done crafts using Dremel rotary tool and Dremel saw, wood burner, glue gun, miter saw, router, masonry wet saw, jig saw, cordless drill, grinder, belt sander, nailer (on the air compressor), soldering iron (for very simple wiring only)-- lots of stuff. I bought a heat gun before Christmas, but haven't used it yet. I have had a reconditioned band saw for a while, but haven't yet gotten to the project I got it for (making heat register covers). When (if) I acquire some skill with it, I'll use it for some crafts, too.
For Halloween crafts, the Dremel tool and glue gun are the nearly indispensable ones. The other tools help make things easier, but nothing would be the same without those two!

· Registered
2,876 Posts
It's the bigger crafts that take bigger tools, like making a coffin or irregularly-shaped sign, or swapping out woodwork. If my husband were a Halloween enthusiast, I'd get his help, but he finds other things to do, and so I have to either build things myself or not have them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.