Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I know I have an addiction when my hubby gets me a heat gun for Valentine's Day LOL.... I was just wondering what all uses or props have you made using your heat gun? I have seen a dungeon wall on here which looks pretty cool and I think a staircase of bones that rocks.

Any pics of props you made with your heat gun or any tips on great ways to use my heat gun would be greatly appreciated. HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is a very cool display amazing actually, but no it is called a heat gun. Here is a tutorial that mentions it. And it has a pic of the gun also
Dave's Approach to Making Faux Wood from Foam Board | My Ghoul Friday

I was just wondering besides making faux wood, what else could I use it for , I am sure the possibilities are endless and would love to see what creative things other members have done. I am always inspired by our artists out here.

·
Bête noire
2,631 Posts
Ah, I see. I use those for heat-shrink tubing and such - I never would have thought to scorch foam boards with one. I bet that technique would work well for aging foam tombstones, too. Clever!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Erin try making a tombstone and spraying (spritzing?) it lightly with water then run the heat gun over the surface, it gives it that ages eroded rock look that you see on real tombstones in the cemetary.

·
Insert Witty Comment Here
4,484 Posts
I need to get one of those heat guns to defrost my freezer drain hose...

Voodoo Willy, what size PVC are you bending? Are you just rounding it, or actually trying to achieve a certain angle?

·
Registered
591 Posts
dries latex too,bend PVC,warm up plastic for bending,warm up plastic bottles for blowing to other shapes,speed up glue drying,and paint,paint removal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
ELH

I have used mine for getting rid of the wrinkles in "scene setters". Takes a while, but with patience it will work-just make sure that the "scene setter" is secured well.

Today I used it at work for getting a rubber mat to stay flat on the floor (it had been rolled up for a while).

If you live in a cold climate, the possibilities are endless!

Maybe your hubby wanted to "Warm your Heart" for the special day!!! LOL

Edwin

1 - 16 of 16 Posts