Halloween Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Well I have been looking at building a Hearse for a few years now. But having the space to build it in was always a problem. But now with the new house I have the room for my Halloween to do projects. It took a couple months of researching local hardware stores to come up with the design based off of available parts. The Hearse is built in such a manner that it all comes apart into panels. Bottom, Top, Sides, Ends and the drivers seat.

Its about 80% done. Still have to wood fill the counter sunk screws, mount the axles and wheels. Then construct a roof, attach trim molding, maybe some lanterns and of course paint.

Maybe next year I'll try and build a fullsize horse skeleton.

Here are the pics:

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The wheels are from harbor freight. Its best to wait till they go on sale. Also some wheels have tighter spokes so if they will let you open the box and check them first.
I do want to do plexiglass but the price on large pieces is outragous. Not so sure on glass though. I was thinking of mounting a flourescent fixture to the inside of the roof for a black light. Then hanging short white curtians that would glow. Or perhaps white washing the coffin that will go inside so it will glow as well.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update

Well all I havent been able to do much work on the hearse. I landed in the ER while on a trip to Colo. Drove back the next day and enede up in emergency surgury the following day after a cat scan. No lifting, no driving and stuck at home on pain killers. Sucks because I have all kinds of ideas just not allowed to work on them. Soon enough though. Steve

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally done

Hello all. Well here are the pictures or update I promised. After 2 emergency surgeries in a month I finally got it done. Well almost I just need to add some small white curtians to hide the black light and give it that extra glow.

Now onto my "Crypt" front door entrence facade. Steve

Hearse :: Front picture by svaillan2 - Photobucket

Hearse :: 98% Done..just needing curtians. picture by svaillan2 - Photobucket

Hearse :: Front picture by svaillan2 - Photobucket

Hearse :: In the Dark and turned on picture by svaillan2 - Photobucket

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.