Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So this year I decide to follow the example of a lot of you on this site and make some tombstones out of foam board. How long can it take right?

So I set off and begun my adventure in foam. What i discovered is: 1) Dremels work best with a router or depth guard 2) save the beer until the painting process (even though Oktoberfest is only available for a short time.) 3) a tape lint roller is the best thing to get foam dust off the floor mats in your wife's hot rod, it is messy (I know I was warned).

Now that I have all but 1 done I can start on the other projects that I planned for this year (and yes there is more foam in my future. I had a blast and am happy with the results.)

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,606 Posts
Very nice! I really like the Poe marker. Super job!

·
1031 Props
1,052 Posts
I love the celtic cross. The weathering and aging on it looks realistic. They all look great but that's my fav.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Damn, those are fantastic!!! I can only hope to produce something half as good for next year! (I'd do 'em now, but my budget's blown already LOL)

·
Registered
622 Posts
Quoth the Raven; Nevermore!

WOW... those stone are great! Especially the E.A.Poe marker! You've managed to make it very realistic looking and an excellent replica to the original in Westminster Prebyterian.

View attachment 6781

·
Registered
622 Posts
PS. Are you going to have a half bottle of cognac & 3 red roses with the marker?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the compliments! It was good times putting them all together.

Mr. Grimsley - as you saw i used the original stone as inspiration. At first I was trying to make an exact copy, but the carving surpassed my ability and attention span. The cognac and roses are an excellent idea! I would have thought about the "toaster" on November 1st. Thanks. Now how do I empty half the bottle? Hmmm... Let me have a drink and think about this one.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Actually, I think it looks much better without all the extra type on the bottom half!

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts