Halloween Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
WOW! I may need to look into that....I have the Mr. Christmas..but if this would be better...and the $$$ isn't too bad...I will have to think about this ..Hmmmmm????

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hmmmm... will definitely have to check this out!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Gotta let us know how the sound quality is... be nice to see if this would work as a lightning simulator.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Only, it starts right now and lasts from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. ONLY. Ten percent off almost everything at Kmart.com AND if you enter the code "Kwelcome328", it takes another $5 off of $50.

I bought 2 of these Gemmy Lightshow boxes with timers that allow you to use an MP3 player. Total for 2 (before shipping), $85.48. Home Depot has them for $69 each and I have seen them for as much as $99 elsewhere.

Gemmy Holiday Lightshow with Timer - Model 68733211 at Kmart.com

I don't have a Kmart locally so this was an awesome deal for me!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Jumped on the Gemmy Lightshow bandwagon as well!!!Such a deal!!!Is anyone out there experienced with this particular product??Was just wondering if there was enough options and sensitivity there to do a reasonably decent singing pumpkins display.From watching the video,it DOES seem possible,although I would'nt expect to be able to a ton of in sync vocals and stuff.Concerned about the built in speaker as well,but geez,for a product such as that,I would think there would HAVE to be an external speaker jack as well.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,453 Posts
Is anyone sure that the box will allow the lights to flash to the rhythm of ANY song you play on an MP3 player? I would think Gemmy would be hyping that fact big time if it's true.
Concerned about the built in speaker as well,but geez,for a product such as that,I would think there would HAVE to be an external speaker jack as well.
You can cut the speaker wires and solder in a female audio jack, then plug in some $6 Big Lots computer speakers. Only drawback is it will be mono, not stereo sound.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Is anyone sure that the box will allow the lights to flash to the rhythm of ANY song you play on an MP3 player? I would think Gemmy would be hyping that fact big time if it's true.
I think the rhythm sensor could be similar to Special FX, but I'm hoping it will be a better circuit.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Hi Witch....doesn't look to be the same one.The picture of the one being sold on Ebay has an equalizer looking setting on the bottom right side.The one on sale at KMart doesn't seem to have that.And THEN,if you go to Gemmy's website....the one they show isn't the same as the either two.I HATE when they do that!!!Make variations of things for different stores.I guess it's going to be hit and miss as to what us Halloween people are going to be able to do with it....but if there's one thing I'm sure of...I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING to do with it!!LOL!!I'm looking forward to getting it just to see what it'll do.

·
Registered
127 Posts
THe one good thing is that the description of the one from Kmart DOES state that it's MP3 compatible,so that in itself is a very good thing.Most definitely has potential!!

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
THe one good thing is that the description of the one from Kmart DOES state that it's MP3 compatible,so that in itself is a very good thing.Most definitely has potential!!
That's what I'm thinking, too. And if it turns out not to be so, then it's going right back to the store!!

·
demonic animatronic
810 Posts
Hi Witch....doesn't look to be the same one.The picture of the one being sold on Ebay has an equalizer looking setting on the bottom right side.The one on sale at KMart doesn't seem to have that.And THEN,if you go to Gemmy's website....the one they show isn't the same as the either two.I HATE when they do that!!!Make variations of things for different stores.I guess it's going to be hit and miss as to what us Halloween people are going to be able to do with it....but if there's one thing I'm sure of...I'm sure we'll find SOMETHING to do with it!!LOL!!I'm looking forward to getting it just to see what it'll do.
i think thats the same one, it has plugs on both sides and the left side just has the covers open so it looks strange. looks like they have 2 versions though, one with built in songs and one with mp3 in jack

·
crossfit zombie
7,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just went back and looked at gemmys website they have changed the description of the one at kmart.It has light show -no sound.Now I am wondering if the description at kmart is wrong.I hope this just means no pre programed sounds .But now I wonder.
The description wasn't like that the other day on gemmy's website.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts