Halloween Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Pirate Princess
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Big Lots today looking for some Valentine's Day stff and found a boat load of stuff for pirate haunters. They had fishing nets that you could hang for decor, they had huge Garden Wheel's for only $22. Bamboo Poles 12 for $5!!!!!!! You could make a prison wall. Or maybe it could help you hold some props up??? Anyway five bucks!!! They had all of their "garden " section out and tons of things inexpensive. So go to Big Lots Haunters and Happy Valentine's Day.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I just saw a sign today that they are turning an old grocery store into a Big Lots. The kids couldn't figure out why I was screeching like a loon when I saw the sign... haha, can't wait to see what kind of stuffs they have that I can use!

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
dixie, you are so lucky, you should be dancing. we used to have a big lots and it was awesome. it went out of business though. it's about 2 hrs away for any big lots around here now.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I guess I need to check the Big Lots by me more often.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
ELH, thanks for the heads up. Last year I bought a bunch of bamboo poles from Dollar Tree but BL's 12 for $5 is a much better price. When I bought it I thought "tiki stuff for the summer", but I can definitely see it for Halloween stuff now that you mention it. I've been wanting to do a pirates theme. Maybe a cage for some poor soul that had the misfortune of getting caught by some pirate... certainly pirates and island and bamboo go together (although not those pirates we're hearing about in the news right now--they're giving Pirates of the Caribbean a bad name--can't believe how long the world has been tolerating ships being boarded and held hostage). The bamboo would also make a nifty looking raft surface too. Dollar Tree might be better for netting if they have it. Costco also typically carries some of this stuff too.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Those bamboo poles would come in handy if anyone was creating a "dead" Gilligan's Island LOL. You could make tables, huts, washing machines, chairs... the possibilities are endless...

oh.. but no phones, no lights, and no motorcars....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts