Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This year, I'm wanting to make one big prop for our front yard... year after year, I love the headless horseman (mostly because I've always loved horses).

I found this on youtube but no instructions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsWFvizUSsA

I don't need to make it animated... but can freehand draw really well. With this in mind, I was thinking maybe I could use chicken wire to sculpt a horse, then plaster of paris to cement it? Any ideas here?

Then for the horseman, same thing?

Has anyone tried to take on something similar?

I've followed tutorials on here step by step with success, but haven't found any headless horsemen tutorials. Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,076 Posts

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
I've wanted a Horseman for years. I've found a couple of nice horse statues over the years, but my problem is I need to be able to break them down in the offseason as I don't have the room to store a horse.

The entire costume from Burton's Horseman used to be for sale from costume shops, but those pieces are no longer in production.

·
Registered
628 Posts
For the horseman himself why not start with a mannequin. I agree that the HD horse skellie would be easiest starting point for his horse. You could probably lash up the bridle from old betls or similar. Or maybe borrow one from a horse rider for a few days around Halloween.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts