Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a historic covered bridge about 100 miles ( one way) from my house. My husband & I visited it about 8-9 months ago and ever since, I have wanted to take my DIY (Grandin Road inspired )Headless Horseman out there for a photo shoot. The Headless Horseman and a covered bridge ...plus, the creek it is built over is called "Grave Creek"...I mean...come on!

Well, my husband planned the perfect surprise birthday outing for me yesterday ! He loaded the HH, my camera and provisions into the SUV while I was showering. I had no idea what he had planned until I got into the car and noticed my HH in the back. :)

We drove out there and almost immediately after we unloaded him, the other sightseers that were there were asking to have their picture taken with him. haha

As cars drove by we got several thumbs-up signs, a couple of "woo hoos" , a "Sleepy Hollow Rocks!" ...and of course, a few looks of disdain/haughty derision ( which made me the happiest...:D). It was so much fun! What a great day!

I'm still sorting and editing the pictures ( I have to make day into night because a night shoot was not possible) but here is one sample:

DSCF5555.JPG

edit**** Still editing but this is my favorite one so far. Special thanks to Gobby Gruesome for helping me with the night sky edit!...

HH.jpg

View attachment 207717

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Happy Birthday. Yes, he looks great. I thought he was the grandin road one.
Thank you im the goddess! Well, he was definitely inspired by the Grandin Road HH. I just wasn't inspired by the price!

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes! I love my HF family!

·
Kitchen/Green Witch
6,600 Posts
Thank you im the goddess! Well, he was definitely inspired by the Grandin Road HH. I just wasn't inspired by the price!

Thanks to all of you for the birthday wishes! I love my HF family!
Yeah, I didn't realize you made your HH!! He looks fantastic! Hope your birthday was a blast...it sounds like it was! :D

·
Headless Hessian
1,056 Posts
Stacy, he looks right at home at the mouth of that bridge :cool: I knew when I saw the posts of you making the GR HH last year that he would be treated like royalty and destined for quite an "after-life" - this trip for the photo shoot is complete proof of that thought. Your picture looks fantastic and I'm sure the trip was a great birthday surprise - Happy Birthday !

·
Registered
113 Posts
THAT is amazing!!! I really thought it was the GR one! Unfortunately, I couldn't even imagine duplicating him, so I paid the $$$. lol You did a fabulous job and you have a keeper of a husband!!!! :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I also took a photo of the "VEHICLE ON BRIDGE" sign and made it appropriate for the HH. :D

BRIDGE SIGN.jpg

1 - 20 of 46 Posts