Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help! I'm looking for Disney's Headless Horseman song!

It was covered by about 4 artists, but I can only find Bing's version.
Does anyone have Kay Kyser, or Thurl Ravenscroft's cover?
Thanks in Advance!

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
I have the version off from the Disney 12 Inch Sleepy Hollow/Rip Van Winkle LP. Here's the link for that entire LP:

Legend of Sleepy Hollow LP

Of course as you see MegaCrapload deleted yet another one of my links. I can easily upload it to another host if you'd like it.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
link not there...but I think that's the Bing Crosby version. I have that one!

The covers I don't have were featured on the Dr. Demento radio show. The Thurl Ravescroft one should sound similar to disney's GGG.

But I can't find them anywhere, Google isn't turning up any hits!

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
link not there...but I think that's the Bing Crosby version. I have that one!

The covers I don't have were featured on the Dr. Demento radio show. The Thurl Ravescroft one should sound similar to disney's GGG.

But I can't find them anywhere, Google isn't turning up any hits!
Sorry. I posted the link now. It's not the Bing Crosby version. I do think it is Thurl though, but it looks like Mr.Chicken already sent the song to you.

·
Banned
3,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Mr. Chicken and Halloweiner!

Halloweiner, Can you send it to my email? I'll pm you.

Dino, I have a bad copy of the Kay Starr version so I'll take anything over the version I have! I'll pm you!

Supposedly some artist named Kat or Kay Kyser recorded on too! and that's the one that turns up little info on google!
I can't find it anywhere!

UPDATE* According to many google pages there's a version of the Headless Horseman by Kay Kyser (vocal by Freddie Froghammer)
I can't find an album, cassette, mp3 or anything. Weird.

·
Forbidden Cryptkeeper
2,198 Posts
I've got Kay Starr's version somewhere's. Gotta find a place to post it though. Any ideas?
Currently my favorite is Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire

I'd like a copy of the Kay Starr version too. I thought I had Dl'ed it last time it came up in a discussion here, but I didn't. Seems we decided then that no one was able to find that Kay Kayser version except for a couple of sites thta had it for sale on one of his CD compilations.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts