Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I'm re-organizing my horror room and I hear kids yelling, 4 of the local neighborhood "thugz" are exiting our building (one of the folks who lives here buys smokes for them since they're under age) as I see them leaving they're streatching and throwing a sticky red substance. My "blood splatters" window clings from the lobby windows.

So I walked out and told them to give it back and told them to keep their hands off my stuff. Well tonight they were back, sitting on the steps being loud so I called the cops. Cops told them next time they will be trespassed from our property. (The got compliments on the grave yeard from the cops)

I'll be staying up late with the baseball bat waiting to see if there is any revenge, but hopefully they'll just stay away.

fingers crossed.

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,504 Posts
Good that the police are aware/involved. Hopefully the kids will heed the warning. Trouble is that a lot of them simply have no fear or respect for the authority so keeping an eye out is a good idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I chased some kids down this past summer for trying to break into my truck. After running them down for 6 blocks I out flanked them and cut them off. It was at that point i thought shi* what do I do now I cant touch this little underage punks or I will end up being sued. I think they got the point when they realized this person just ran there butts down. I have since had no problems............

So scare but dont touch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Pumpkin w/ BIG stem
895 Posts
be careful scaring them with a baseball bat because some crazy person might try to sue you for attempt to assault...

·
Imperial Hybrid (7)
706 Posts
sorry to hear of your troubles Don of The Dead.
don't blame you for walkin tall and carrying a big stick..
just a shame that you gotta do that. or feel that you have to do that.
Since the local cops like your graveyard....maybe they will patrol a little extra around there.
Good luck....

·
Don't Drink and Fly!!
2,959 Posts
It sucks that more parents aren't teaching their children to keep their hands off of things that don't belong to them. (I'm starting to sound like an old lady, aren't I??? :eek:)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Not at all Hooch. I agree completely. The kid next door stole my cell phone off of my front porch last year (this time of year even I had it out with me while decorating) and he ran up calls on it that I even traced back to him. His dad refused to do anything about it, claiming that other kids took the phone and "gave" it to his son. They have egged our vehicle and the side of our house. I have to live next to them all the time and it's awful. :( Luckily he moved but he still has family that lives there. I teach my children that it's wrong to take things that aren't ours. They aren't even allowed in other people's yards to get things that have gone there (baseballs etc) without asking me first. It saddens me to see so many kids without respect of not just authority, but adults as well. I wouldn't talk to another adult the way most kids talk to adults. :(

Also I think that since those kids were warned by the police that if you have to have a baseball bat to protect yourself and your property then that's your right. They have no business being there, to make it even more legal place signs around your yard that say no tresspassing. Especially on the sheds you keep your items in. I hope all goes well for you I'm sorry you're having problems with kids like that

·
Registered
205 Posts
I don't even decorate until the day of Halloween or tricker treating and take things inside that night because people have no respect for other peoples stuff and I don't trust that my stuff. 3 years ago in the middle of winter snow on the ground etc. I had someone break into my garage and walk out with my lawnmower dragging it though the snow. I followed the tracks as far as I could but they ended before they led anyplace useful :mad: My neighborhood isn't bad it's most often kids causing all the damage and vandalism, but it's been pretty quiet the last couple of years.

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
If you're concerned about using the baseball bat and the lawsuits that would follow, how about a nice spray bottle of colored water or doggie pee?

Sorry about the punks. Keep your chin up and your eyes open.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts