Halloween Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so our hayride started yesterday night! I know your probably thinking who starts their haunt on a wednesday? The only reason why we did it was because the group of 90 people called in advance and requested runs tonight.

We did two trial runs last night. Everything went ok but our side of the hayride turned off half-way through so we had to run up the hill and plug it back in and run back to our scene before the tractor came by. We have alot of new people this year who needed some practice timing & practicing their scares. Placement is crusual and very hard to find and not be seen in the woods.

Tonight was the first official night of actually scaring people and not the owners. everything went pretty good. We had three tractors run through the hayride. We had alot of good scares everyone was laughing having a good time. One scare my friend had made about 4 or 5 girls jump out of their seat and on to the floor of the wagon. I am very happy about how everything looks. Last year not much changed and nothing was added. This year we added a "Saw" scene, Crime scene, Hostile scene, accident scene and another murder scene. The trail is alot more filled than last year.

Not alot of strobes have been used this year...but the lighting affects look great. We seem to have matured alot in our hayride and making things more creative without using a whole bunch of strobe lights.

I hope to have pictures on here soon of all the scenes and how the trail looks.

If your visiting near Lake Geneva, WI i suggest you check us out and deffinately leave me some feedback on things you liked and things we can improve on.

Haunted Hayride at Dan Patch Stables

THANKS TO ALL!!!!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
MichaelMyers-sorry i do not have any pictures right now. Today was the opening day to the public and it was pretty slow only had about 85 people tonight. I was more focused on getting the audio set up for the night.

Haunty-No im sorry to say that we have not stopped touching people. Although i did get asked not to touch this one person so i did stay away...other than that we had a great time tonight. People were laughing and applauding at the end.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Night two-Well last night we only had about 85 people come out on opening night. Tonight we bumped it up a little bit and did about 200 people. It was a fairly good night had some time in between tractors, but ill wait till next weekend to start judging how our year went. We had a few ass***** trying to trip us off the back of the trailor which can cause serious injury. The one trailor back there is about 5-6 feet off the ground. Other than that we had alot of laughs and scares. I expect tomorrow night to be very slow considering its sunday but we will see.

·
Registered
689 Posts
no way!!! grand geneva!? my gf's family owns a condo there.. I wil definately check it out in the upcoming weekends. We do go up to Lake Geneva 2-3 times a year!! by the way, is there any pumpkin patch you know of near geneva?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys thanks for the comments yea it would be cool to see more haunted hayrides instead of houses but i doubt we will see many more. It seems to be so much more difficult to do things to make things scary at a Haunted Hayride than a Haunted House.

Halloweenier- thats awesome that your gf's family owns a condo their...they must have some money...haha but i really dont know of to many pumpkin patch farms around because i never really go to one. yes please come check out the hayride preferably fri or sayurday night because sunday just sucks. Please write a review of what you think about our hayride. Also please let me know what you thought of the last scene in the woods. Its the scene i worked on the most and i like to hear feedback. just remember we are extremely low budget.

as to last night i need to make a correction...we had about 14 tractors pull through at about 300 people not 200. Tonight usually like every sunday night was extremely slow and my guess is we did around 50 people or so. Not much you can expect on a rainy sunday night. The last tractor pulled through and right before our scene at the end they pulled the plug on the power....so we scare with no power to light up our scene...haha.

·
Registered
1 Posts
halloweeenier- I haunt at dan patch stables, there is a place called vonbergons farm in richmond, IL which is about 15 mins. from lake geneva. They have pumpkins and all kinds of fall time goodies.(the best cashew crunch ever) So you may want to check that out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts