Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A heads-up for anyone who has TCM. Airing tomorrow early.

Haxan

Monday June 23rd, 7:15 AM on TCM (Turner Classic Movies), 2 hr 1922 EST.

Based on real-life witchcraft trials, HAXAN combines genuine footage, animation and dramatic fiction to present traditional motifs associated with sorcery. Also includes WITCHCRAFT THOUGH THE AGES, the 1968 re-release of HAXAN, with a narration by William S. Burroughs.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
OMG THANKS! I've been wanting to see this!! I t's on my Netflix queue somewhere. Now I can delete that, just hit record & watch this whenever I want.

·
Wisp in the Mist
1,953 Posts
I guess I tuned in late, because I actually thought to myself, "I turned off Spongebob for this?" The music was pretty, though. While I truly did not expect "genuine footage", I had to see what their definition of that was. Extremely broad, with a very generous measure of creative license.

I did enjoy seeing the devil wave madly at the window. "Hello, friend, long time no see!"

·
Registered
680 Posts
I wanted to buy Haxan off of Amazon, since I have never seen it. But it seems the DVD has 15 minutes cut off the end for no apparent reason....? I has a sad.

And I declined to order.

·
His name is Roger Clyne
9,454 Posts
HAXAN has run before, so maybe it will again coming into the fall season. I keep my eye on the schedule to record a lot of great classic horror and science fiction movies.
I still have movies from last Halloween that I DVR'd from TCM, some Vincent Price stuff, other classic horror, etc. Usually in October they give up Friday nights to the scary stuff. And last year the Star of the Month was Vincent Price so they had plenty of his stuff on every Thursday during October.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hear you. I do a lot of recording in October, believe me. TCM has their schedule posted through September already, so there's plenty of time to browse and make note of what to watch and record. It sounds crazy, but their next monthly update will be October. It will probably be a while until they announce anything, plus they make changes too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
If you have the tcm app and loving with cable provider account info you can watch haxen on demand in the app. If you see it don't worry that it lists 0 min 0 sec long, soon as it plays it will show the full time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts