Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put up 180 feet of cemetery fencing to set up the boundaries -keeping the living away from the dead!! LOL
I will work on the façade this weekend so I can start the real decorating the rest of the month.
I am curious what the rest of you awesome haunter are doing prior to Shocktober. Let us know.

Reactions: tzgirls123

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
We put out some light-up JOL's in our front garden bed today, along with some corn stalks & a scarecrow. Added some light-up pumpkins in our front window, a Halloween/Fall sign on our front door, and Fall garden flags out. We'll leave it like that until the week of the 10th, and then we'll start putting up our cemetery fencing, tomobstones and other outside decorations - only exception are more expensive or non-weather-proof items that we wait for Halloween night on.

Inside decorating will be an ongoing thing from here on out, hoping to be wrapped up by mid-month.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've got the inside of my place decorated, I'll need to post the pictures/video I took. My roomies have some of the outside decorated, a small graveyard, some lights/webs, window decor, etc. We're the first in the neighborhood! :)

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
I'm going to start on the inside tonight and do some on the outside tomorrow, until my houseguest arrives, then I will have to finish up after she goes home.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Not so much as one plastic lack-o-lantern! :(

I have been so swamped at work that I haven't had time to do a load of laundry - let alone decorate. I hope to have a few days off- but they won't come until the second week of October.

·
Imitation Imagineer
1,154 Posts
We just laid the foundation today, actually....mostly running (and hiding) all of the green extension cords through ivy and bushes, and placing the uplights. We also replaced the porch lights with flicker bulbs, and got the black light fixtures in place.

I'm a bit obsessed with doing these things while others are at work, so that the Halloween elements appear to materialize over the course of the month. :)

Tomorrow is October 1st, and I can officially turn on the lights!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Tomorrow is the big day to start putting up the yard decor. Earlier this week I put out 1 small tombstone and a wooden cross tombstone a 3 ft reaper and pumpkin groundbreaker.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Too dang hot down here to do anything outside. Will start with the inside this weekend and get to the yard next week.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
7,507 Posts
Just finished the outdoor stuff for now. We don't put out much until about two weeks before, but on the first of October, our outside lights change to creepy colors (this year it's orange on the porch and the floods on the garage peak aimed into the yard are red and blue as we're doing the carnival again). My wreath is on the porch lamp, and our giant Frankie head hangs on the door, and three small JoLs are in our front window.

We also strung a really long strand of LED globe lights up our walkway for a circus/carnival touch.

In 2 weeks, we put up the fence with the clown head columns, the circus tent walls and the tightrope walker (Skeletina), and the ticket booth goes out into the yard with a countdown sign. IF I can get the roof recut and attached - our power tools are all dead and we need a new battery/charger. :(

I need to cut out giant circles for the clown car: we're going to fill the husband's tiny car with balloons and a clown skeleton driver, and I am using colored vinyl tablecloths to make colorful circles to glue to his car to clown it up. :)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not yet. I was planning to start this weekend, but it looks like it's going to be miserable, so we'll probably do inside stuff if anything.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Inside is mostly finished but still need to do one more lawn mowing before I start with any outdoor stuff. Grass just keeps growing this year!!

·
Monster Collector
3,385 Posts
Inside and Outside. Only thing left to do is to build the haunt.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts