Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Everything is packed away except for our largest new prop of the year: the "pier"... We're trying to figure out the best way to dismantle and store since it's a pretty big thing!

·
Vicious Dog Wrangler
1,012 Posts
Everything inside is packed away. The graveyard outside is totally broken down and stored in the garage (thanks Dad!). All the little stuff has also been taken down . The only things that are left are the big life-size characters and the stuff hanging in the trees, which we'll get to this week I hope.

·
lies dead but dreaming
952 Posts
I spent the weekend moving my oldest into her own apartment. just started tearing things down last night. probably have a couple more hours of work still to do then start getting ready for Christmas, (see you on the other forum!)

·
Registered
291 Posts
We had it all taken down on the 1st. We have to rent a trailer to get it all out to our storage unit. It took 3 runs. But....we didn't have the energy to get it all up on the upper level of the unit. So it's like a bomb went off in there. We'll tackle that next weekend.

We set up early so I'll admit I'm usually ready for it to be down and for my cars to be back in the garage!

·
Registered
3 Posts
We just put away most of the Halloween props and decorations. Only have the framing really to break down and I have to wait on that until I replace the cordless drill that I broke (yet again).

How is everyone else doing?
I BROKE MY DRILL TOO, ha ha ha. Yeah, I've the bulk of mine put away....

I'm sad to see it go already. No fun till next year. But I've got alot of here & there projects lined up for next year!!

·
Registered
34,922 Posts
We got everything packed and stored yesterday. The only thing left is the costumes which get laundered and packed today. Almost forgot the Spookytown still needs to get packed and put away but that is the oldest son's job today.

·
Fallen Angel
7,061 Posts
We got our outside display put away on Sunday. I've got all of our indoor decorations (minus the FCG who's still hanging up) collected and put on the pool table. I just need to get all the totes brought up and get it all organized this week.

·
Registered
54 Posts
We were too pooped on Saturday other than to get the expensive and delicate stuff in out of the rain. On Sunday we stripped down all the big stuff, and packed away most items and took them down to the rented store.

Just need to get all the scenesetter walls down and the blacked out ceilings taken down.

Then I'll have to spend a weekend making good the walls and ceiling where paint and plaster was damaged.

Tell me again why do we do this for just 1 night?

:confused:

·
...is up to no good
1,295 Posts
I brought a couple of the props that I like the most inside late on Halloween night. I didn't get a chance to bring things in Saturday.

But yesterday I spent a few hours bringing everything inside, packing it up, and putting it all in the attic. I was kinda sad, but not as sad as I thought I'd be. It didn't really hit me that Halloween was completely over until I looked in here and saw that the "days until" counter had reset.

·
Reaper Guardian
2,041 Posts
About half done...I'm in no real hurry to get it all down, as long as it is down by Thanksgiving. Then we start on Christmas, which is nowhere near as extensive.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts