Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told this today:He was working restoring a WW2 Sherman tank. He was sleeping in a garage loft when he heard the sound of the hatches on the Tank being opened, he got up out of bed, walked to the balcony above the tank, There were five men on top of the tank wearing wW2 uniforms,they were moving around some, than just all moved down into the tank, disappearing.
They moved down into the tank as if they became a wispy singular funnel cloud... kind of?
He said he has had other such experiences when dealing with old uniforms,especially the uniforms that had been worn by some who were killed when they were wearing that uniform.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A former October helper here was a 3 yr. old living in a crowded Chicago apartment in the 1940's. His Father brought home an Army cot for his new bed.
Later that night he woke up and went to the bathroom. When he returned there was someone else in his bed.
"That's MY BED!"
"No,it's my bed."
"Get out of my bed!'"
"My Bed."
the 3 yr,old boy decided he would sleep on the floor instead of arguing,which he did.
The next morning he was asked why he had spent the night on the floor?
"There was some guy in my bed,and he said it was "His" bed."
"What did he look like?'
"He was a soldier in a uniform,but he had no face."

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ghost Story-Recanted?

Maybe 20 years ago a local man who i have known a long time had a ghost story to tell me" when he was a teenager he shared a bedroom with his Grandfather. The Grandfather had a few plants he took care of in the window of the bedroom .
After his Grandfather had died , one night the boy awoke to see Grandfather standing by the window, fussing over his plants as he always did,maybe i was even told the moon was shining in the window so he saw him better?
I asked him if this scared him? He said, "No",because it was his Grandfather.

Then just a few years ago i saw the man around town and asked him about this. I got a blank look and then a denial that he ever told me such a thing!?
He didn't seem terribly upset that I had asked him this,he seemed to more being forgetful,or so it seemed?
Unless he simply had created a fictitious story on the spur of that moment to entertain me, I can't see how he could forgotten something like what i was told he had seen?
This man has always seemed to have an outrageous sense of humor,but there was no humor in him when he related that ghost story to me.
There was no"punch-line" to it either.
"?"

·
Registered
668 Posts
When I was about eight years old, my mother and I had one. To this day she turns white and gets a blank stare when she talks about it. She was picking up my room and was about to make the bed. She was startled by me standing on the other side of the bed from her. She said I had a blank look and wasn't responsive to her at all. She went to walk around the bed towards me, and I dropped to the floor and jutted under the bed. When she looked under the bed I wasn't there. Just then , she heard tires squealing outside. She went outside to find that I had chased my dog out into the road and was narrowly missed by a truck. My dog wasn't so lucky. Weird thing is I remember my mother yelling for me to "stop", although she wasn't outside, or could even see the road from the back bedroom of the house.

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Makes you wonder if she saw a doppelganger of you? Maybe your spirit checking in just before you were supposed to "leave?"
Thank you for sharing your story.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts