Halloween Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
My other ride is a Ninja
11,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever bought one item and planed your theme around it?

What items have you gotten you said ok I know what my theme will be ?

I have when I got a tombstone as a reaper gift I was like this year will be voodoo.

I have a clock I picked up and I am so leaning more towards mad hatter this year then night of the museum

·
Soccer and Lacrosse Dad
1,773 Posts
A number of years ago I saw a demon mask on eBay. It was the inspiration for my underworld. More masks, learning pneumatics, lighting, a large fake flame, two demon holes with burning coal like tops a, bone wall and a facade all because of the one demon mask.

Follow the Uzzaths underworld link in my signature to see the video.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Oh I do this thing all the time, but with mysteries - once I planned an entire mystery around a broken locket I found in an old barn. I also found a purple pumpkin once and it gave me an entire plot idea. I find too that old pictures for sale in antique places really make my mind go! I found a really cool sugar holder for a tea party and wrote an entire mystery so I could throw a Halloween creepy tea party and display it!

·
Registered
146 Posts
I think I picked up the bust at Home Goods in 2015. It was the first Halloween bust I purchased at Home Goods and I was just the motivation I needed to go Frightening France Halloween.

It is one of my favourite Halloween theme's that I have ever thrown.

I picked up these inexpensive harlequin items at Home Goods and now I am planning a black & white Harlequin Halloween party. Harlequin_151047_med.jpg

These masks at the 99 Cents Only Stores have sealed the deal!

HarlequinMasks99CentsTiny.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
My Hocus Pocus party came forth fully formed, solely because I saw the awesome Spellbook Brownies at Half-Baked Harvest!

And I have purchased the exact same sugar eyeballs, so I'm ready to rock.

I'm too new to post links, but they are easy to find on her website. This is a fun thread, thanks!

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
I didn't plan a theme around these items but I planned a scene.

The spinning wheel I got at the auction, King Tut started that whole Egyptian display and the organ. I watched that organ for over a year at an antique mall. It started at $500.00. Several months later it was down to $275.00>>>>>>>>then to $200.00. I never inquired about it. At $200.00 I approached and asked her what was the least she would take for it. I was thinking $150.00 but when she said $175.00 I took it.

Not only is it a great Halloween prop but its a lovely piece of furniture for year round.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts