Halloween Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, been reading this forum for ages, but never posted before.
I need major help with my costume.
I bought an awesome wedding dress at a thrift store a while ago, and the plan was to go as a zombie bride this year.
The problem is in the make up. The party that I'm going to will be really hot, and latex+fake blood+heat don't mix too well. I know that everything will just run down my face/body in a gross mess (not the kind that I want lol), and stain everything and everyone around me.
Does anyone have any ideas on what other costume I can incorporate my wedding dress into?
I thought of going as bride of Dracula, but other that painting my face white and having a bite mark on my neck, there isn't much you can do with that, so I'll pretty much look like I just put a dress on.
If anyone has any scary or funny ideas, please please please help. My imagination has run dry, and Halloween is only 5 days away.
Sorry for the long post :)

·
Good Ghoul Gone Bad
747 Posts
Is there a way you could use a different makeup? Maybe a bit of white powder to help "set" the makeup? I like the idea of the zombie bride or the corpsey type bride. Depending on what the dress is like, maybe you could dye it and come up with something different. I dyed a wedding dress I bought on Ebay- tried to dye it black for a mourning lady prop, but it came out grey which was okay too. Maybe if you could post a picture, more members could come up with more ideas.

·
Registered
73 Posts
make a fake noose and put it around your neck, makeup like a ghost or recently dead maybe some blood from eyes mouth, like you were the jilted bride who hung herself

·
Registered
181 Posts
I'm going as a corpse bride. I am just putting a bit of black around my eyes, making my lips black, I made a veil from cheese cloth that I glue gunned to a black headband. I cut up the dress at the bottom to make it look tattered and "ripped " a hole in the bodice and train. I then spray painted some blue and black on the edges and a bit on the dress to make it look dirty. I sprayed the veil as well. (I also glued fake ribs into the rip and put black material behind it, but you don't have to get that elaborate. If you google homemade corpse bride you will see what others have done.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Last year I tried to find a great dress but never did find one. I was planning on wearing a wedding dress with a pair of running shoes, I was planning on being a Runaway Bride...lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I'm loving all the ideas!
So far I'm thinking of the gun wound, and being more or less a fresh zombie (i.e. less makeup), or just making myself pale and putting tonnes of blood and latex on my neck as a bride of Dracula (easiest).
Thing I hate about latex, is that it looks great when you put it on, but as soon as you start to dance or move around, it begins to slide and peel off. I've had it applied both professionally and non, and it's always the same result.
Anyways, thanks for all the great ideas, and I hope everyone's costumes work out!
3 more days!
:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
if you put spirit gum under the latex it wont move.... I went to the zombie walk the other week and had latex scars that stayed on for the walk, and the after party.... 14 hrs in total, and it hurt when i pulled it off because i had forgotten the remover at a friends!

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know last yr is over- but a grreat thing I've found 2 do with the wedding gown is get a thing of purple liquid rit dye and one black- throw the dress in the washer with them- line dry- turns out really cool - colors

1 - 16 of 16 Posts