Halloween Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
I haven't really even started decorating outside yet. But every evening for last week, I've been playing with my Philips hue bulbs on the porch and highlighting a few props in my windows. It has been so much fun customizing the Huelloween app to get only the creepy sounds I want.

This has been a fun (and somewhat expensive) experiment and I am NOT disappointed. Plus, I use my hue bulbs all the other months of the year.

Typical Ghoul Next Door
I had to look up what a Phillips Hue was - interesting concept! :)

Reactions: gspice6

Registered
How did you get the short circuit look with the Philips hue? I have a few around the house including my porch and would love that look! Never considered using them in this way, but looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
How did you get the short circuit look with the Philips hue? I have a few around the house including my porch and would love that look! Never considered using them in this way, but looks great!

Philips huelloween app. I think it's around $5. I bought it in January, right after I got my first hues.

Registered
That's super cool! Is the Huelloween separate from the hue app? I did a quick search and didn't find anything specific. Was the sound also from the app?

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
That's super cool! Is the Huelloween separate from the hue app? I did a quick search and didn't find anything specific. Was the sound also from the app?
Try searching for "hue Halloween" instead. I think the name has changed from when it first came out. And yes, the sounds are from the app. There are some background tracks and sound effects on app. You can favorite only the ones you want and then auto play So the effects will go off based on an interval you specify.

Registered
I started with one, for the front porch with a motion sensor. Then 1 quickly turned into 6. With further plans for another 12. It鈥檚 amazing how you can find uses for these things in so many different ways. This forum is just yet another one of them. I鈥檝e been dying for a cost effective way to produce lightning and thunder in my graveyard. Thanks to another similar app, I found a very cost effective way to do just that with Philips hue! Great app, and thanks to the original poster for making me even realize there was a Halloween Hue app!

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
I really really wish Philips would put out update for app to allow you to set a color scheme. Like hue disco will do. That would make me 100% satisfied with this app. The app today is synchronized flawlessly with the sound effects but it will flash any random color.

Registered
Also discovered 鈥淗aunted House for Hue鈥 app on the App Store. Seems better for setting a scene with the right kind of style I鈥檓 looking for. Worth checking out imo, and might use this one instead as I鈥檓 trying to enhance a lightning effect with erie sounds in a graveyard.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts