Halloween Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i caught the last 10 minutes of wife swap today and it had a family that runs a haunted attraction on it. *cries* I can't believe I missed it!

·
Caretaker of Eerie Manor
6,640 Posts
I saw the episode several months ago. Pretty strange family. The father pretty much lived and breathed the haunt, as did the kids/wife. The new wife was none too thrilled. It was an "okay" episode, but the like all of these shows very heavily scripted and the haunt was nothing amazing.

·
Funeral Crasher
7,449 Posts
I thought it was pretty good when I saw it originally. The Halloween wife even joined this forum and posted briefly.
I think I still have that episode on tape somewhere.........

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
i remember when that all went on. wasn't it dollylin or something like that, and wasn't she friends with front yard fright? i could be wrong about the names. according to her they cut and eddited and made it look how they wanted it to look. lots of stuff that never made the viewer. like she said the other family were very insulting to her, his wife, and he was on the defense of how they treated her [the wife] and that is why he was really up in arms. and stuff like that

G

·
0 Posts
i remember when that all went on. wasn't it dollylin or something like that, and wasn't she friends with front yard fright? i could be wrong about the names. according to her they cut and eddited and made it look how they wanted it to look. lots of stuff that never made the viewer. like she said the other family were very insulting to her, his wife, and he was on the defense of how they treated her [the wife] and that is why he was really up in arms. and stuff like that
I think it's the lady who posted before you. :D:D

I didn't see that episode, but will have to look for the re-run

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
I hate the media. We had an anthrax scare back in the day. We had lock-down, hazmat came... the works. Reporters came. During the "interview" I got the call from the health department informing us it was false. I interupted the interview to inform them. Later that day on the news they presented the story and reported no end result to the scare. They even showed some invented scene of an envelope being emptied of powder that was never filmed at our location.

·
jester girl
18,185 Posts
yubney, that is messed up. just wrong. we rely on the media to keep the facts right, not to just sell papers.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
OMG. When we watched that episode, my husband said, "Honey, it's your long-lost relatives." I don't watch the show regularly but had seen the caption as I was flipping down my DirectTV menu and I just couldn't miss that one!!

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
AWWW>> Yes! Film editing!

They have the power to make anyone look real stupid all they need are a few frames of the face /body and away they go!
After the French signed the surrender to Germany when Hitler was told this he did one little happy-hop step.
The English propaganda people looped the tape and made it look like Hitler was sort of dancing and this is what was shown around the rest of the planet proving Hitler Was Not A Good Dancer!
This festering total embarrassment no doubt disrupted his train of thought and concentration levels enough to make his lose that war!
Then there was the Hollywood production of the attack at Pearl Harbor...ex cept there were no planes flying alongside filming the Japanese planes or camera angles that could show us what was shown and if you know your WW2 planes they film an american P-39 straffing the field as they pretend it's a Japanese plane, and then the scene of a sailor looking off-camera and then bullet holes get popped into the wall that he is standing infront of and the cool, calm cameraman never twitches, jerks of drops the camera as real bullets would have been whistling right over his head.
The Home & Garden network interveiwed my ex for their show "Extreme Homes". They asked her some tricky questions and she impressed me with incredible answers..then they edited almost all of it out and left her just saying, "A haunted house is tough to clean."

·
Registered
292 Posts
In my expierience, I never rely on the media to get anything right. If they are not mis spelling names or mis pronouncing everything, they manipulate the story to sell newspapers. What news company has ever based their reputation on "good" news? I mean really????

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Of course I must mention Hauntcast.net is great at getting everything correct and I give them many corpsified thumbs up.
BWAH HA HA. Most excellent. (And excellent screen name!) I agree with you guys on the media. Media is a business, after all. They want (need) to sell. It does give me a chuckle that some of the least "real" shows are reality shows. Many participants on a whole slew of these shows have openly admitted they're partially scripted.

Even though I don't watch WWF, I know what it is, and I call reality shows "the WWF of..." (For instance, the marry-some-rich-dude-or-gorgeous dudette ones I like to call "the WWF of dating").

As long as they're viewed that way it's all good! I don't typically watch a whole lot of these myself. BUT when I saw that the Halloween couple would be on, you know I just HAD to watch it. I hardly cared what actually went on with either of the families, I just wanted to see the Halloween people! :D

·
Registered
321 Posts
For the curious, it's season 5 episode 22 of Wife Swap. I thought it was quite entertaining. They really made the dad look irresponsible when they were showing him say, "haunt first, family second". It seems like they took it out of context because no dad would ever seriously say anything of that nature.

Recommended - Check it out.

·
~zombie hunter~
3,346 Posts
i saw it twice. I thought it was great that the halloween mom made the strickt parents kids go trick or treating. it was not even halloween. lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts