Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 244 Posts

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some of you have dealt with these guys and I have a question for you. I placed a really large order on August 31st and just a few days later, I received 3 or 4 things from that order but not even nearly all of it. I knew it would come in separate shipments but I haven't gotten anything in almost 2 weeks. Is that normal for this company?

I was really jazzed up about them at first but am now getting a little worried. I emailed them about following up on my order but they don't reply.

Should I be worried?

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
I placed an order for 2 of the creature reachers & time was passing. I emailed thru the web site & then from the email i got confirming purchase.
I think they are small personel & don't get to they're emails,but the email i sent round 3 all got replies.
Alot of they're stuff is from mexico ,etc & they were backup up on stock & waiting for restock del,then would charge me & ship.
I know they are good,just the last few months i think they're popular stuff selles out early & they don't get restock fast enough from they're supplies.
They do lag on response,but are good company to deal with on the whole! (not like spookyplanet rip off)
I am expecting my stuff in a week or so,they just need to let person know that there is a delay.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I placed an order for 2 of the creature reachers & time was passing. I emailed thru the web site & then from the email i got confirming purchase.
I think they are small personel & don't get to they're emails,but the email i sent round 3 all got replies.
Alot of they're stuff is from mexico ,etc & they were backup up on stock & waiting for restock del,then would charge me & ship.
I know they are good,just the last few months i think they're popular stuff selles out early & they don't get restock fast enough from they're supplies.
They do lag on response,but are good company to deal with on the whole! (not like spookyplanet rip off)
I am expecting my stuff in a week or so,they just need to let person know that there is a delay.

How long was it from the time you placed your order until you finally had to email them about it?

Thanks!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Ordered on sept 8Th, 3 reply answered on 17th (sent 16th), They "capture" the total amount,then release a few days later
& then are only supposed to charge your card / account when they have & are shipping next day or so. That is what i got from them.
Looked like an auto response & that was mid last week,
They are also supposed to send me a tracking # when shipped,we'll see.
Did they charge your card for the whole amount or just what was shipped ?

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ordered on sept 8Th, 3 reply answered on 17th (sent 16th), They "capture" the total amount,then release a few days later
& then are only supposed to charge your card / account when they have & are shipping next day or so. That is what i got from them.
Looked like an auto response & that was mid last week,
They are also supposed to send me a tracking # when shipped,we'll see.
Did they charge your card for the whole amount or just what was shipped ?
I haven't gotten the statement yet so I'm not sure. I will call the card company tomorrow and find out.

I emailed Joe again this morning but haven't heard anything.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Joe is extremely overwhelmed right now. Be assertive and keep after him, but do not panic and get overly concerned. He deals with a ton of vendors and directly reps a couple of factories in Mexico. The Mexican stuff is very well made, however, they have experienced some delays and material shortages. Joe will not ever purposely cheat you, he is in this business for the long haul. Be patient and persistent, it may well be out of his hands.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Being that i have always had good with him in the past.I figure as much that he is pretty much a one man show & very overwhelmed,
especially when the supplies are having supply issues & at this time of the year,of course eyes fall on him.
Also i like his policy,he doesn't charge you til it ships, & since my order is on standby,i haven't been charged,so I'm not worried that
I'm getting taken.I'm just anxious to get it..............

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the positive reinforcement!

I finally got an email this morning with a shipping confirmation number saying that "something" shipped out to me today. I am sooo excited!

*packs a lunch and waits by the door*

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm still waiting on an order from three weeks ago.
All I get is a "shipping soon" or "shipping this week".
Even at UPS ground I would have gotten it by now if that was true.

Sorry, I like quicker response and shipping times. Everybody else I have ordered from has shipped quickly and provided plenty of information.
I won't be ordering from them again.

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
I like it when i am kept in the loop by a seller as to hold ups ,info & fast shipping,but sometimes some of them have product supplier probs,the one man show biz's do seem to lack that,but his prices are good & normally earlier in the year it's not a prob. Happens to alot of them.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I agree.
I have sold items and then found out that the manufacturer didn't bother to tell me they were backordered. I have no problem saying I will NOT deal with Morbid Industries again because they are a very unreliable supplier.
Then, at the same time, other things happen - for example, an order I shipped a while ago was just delivered today. It was held up because of the hurricane that hit Texas and all of the aftermath. So, sometimes, the seller cannot be held responsible for the shipping company.
But, it's very important for the seller to keep a close eye on the warehouse, because stuff can sell out suddenly and without warning and you don't want to be stuck in a position where you've sold something you are out of ;)

- Shawn
FrightTime Productions
FrightTime Productions - Home

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I got another box from them on Friday but it just had a hanging ghoul in it, still no creature reachers or the big props.

*tick tock*

SIGH!!!!

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
I had contact with him sunday,on the creature reachers (i have 2 due in) The manufacturer in mexico was majorliy held up from supply shortage,
he hopes that he will have them by the end of the 1st week oct.I usually shoot a message every other day til i get a response. I haven't been charged yet,
but have to agree this is getting long winded........ just anxious to get them now i have the funds to.
I let him know he needs to get on it & contact people with a quick email.I run a couple of businesses & that is one of my main
quirks that i get back to them immediately no matter what.
I know it can get overwhelming at times,but things like this fall on main seller/store owner & can killl alot of biz fast !

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm going to have to chime in on this as well. It took 4 emails and 2 phone calls (never talked to anyone, only had the opportunity to leave a message). before I FINALLY got an email response saying that it would be shipped soon (pretty vague)

I ordered my stuff over 2 weeks ago in hopes of being able to work on some stuff this weekend. (3 weeks total) I would think that starting somewhere around Sept. 1st, a Halloween company would look at brining on extra staff to help in answering calls, emails and processing orders... regardless of any supplier difficulties.

Bottom line... it's poor planning and horrible customer service. :mad:

·
HELLoween Ubber Lord
2,682 Posts
Its been about a month since i put in my order.& answers are vague-ish.

·
Mistress of Darkness
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I placed my order at the very end of August and have had 2 shipments arrive so far. I got an email this morning saying that something is coming via Fed Ex tomorrow.

*crossing fingers*

·
Banned
211 Posts
I have gotten all items except Craky the clown and send e-mails every 3 days. I am tired of asll the run around I am getting from every seller: Spirit, they are terrible with customer service and returns; Haunted Props: too many delayed suppliers, not enough response; Minions Web: more backordered items and sickness excuses than Carters has pills. Well, so far, the only reliable people have been Monster Guts and Fright Props.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Figured I would chime in at this point (again) seeing as how I am a vendor :

Haunted Props and I ship from the same warehouse.
The only Creature Reacher that is out of stock right now is the "Bad Seed", so I don't know what they are saying about having a problem with the "manufacturer in Mexico". There is 1 Giggles the Clown Creature Reacher, 13 FreaknMonster Creature Reachers, and 11 Grand Reaper Creature Reachers in stock at the warehouse.
Another thing : they have a bunch of items listed on their website that are OUT OF STOCK right now - meaning there are none in the warehouse, including the Joker mask from Batman. If something is out-of-stock they need to have it listed on the site as being out of stock.
A guy just bought a Dead Debbie prop from me the other day after he had purchased one from Haunted Props and never received it! They wouldn't even send him a tracking #.
Seriously, all the horror stories I'm hearing now, I wouldn't deal with them.

- Shawn
FrightTime Productions
FrightTime Productions - Home

1 - 20 of 244 Posts