Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a huge Halloween Party every year and to get into our house you must walk thru a haunted tunnel. Over the years we have added life like props including 2 pneumatic props that are triggered by motion detectors. Here are some pictures of props. Even the static ones pop under strobe lights and fog machines.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Yeah, unless they're in a forum with people from all over the world, who may or may not know where the valley is.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Those of us that live in the major metropolitan area of Los Angeles (which includes lots of cities and areas), often refer to living in L.A. as opposed to each individual place, just to make it easy for those unfamiliar with the area. I live in Valley Village, but lots of people even in L.A. don't know where it is. So it's just easier to sometimes say "I live in L.A."

Using a LOR for the first time this year for Halloween.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too live in the San Fernando Valley which is located in Los Angeles County and only refer to it as the "valley" if I am talking with another Angeleno. Our libraries, police department, and schools are all Los Angeles (LAUSD, LAPD, LA Public Library) even my utilities are Los Angeles DWP and property taxes are County of Los Angeles. So if I am not living in Los Angeles those Los Angeles folks are stealing all my money! Ha, Ha!

By the way great props!

·
Shadow box dancer
1,443 Posts
Sorry to stir up a turf war. I guess referring to all of California as Los Angeles is a new concept to me. It is funny how people who actually live in Los Angeles go to great lengths to say what tiny part of L.A. they are from. Like Mid Wilshire, the Westside, Downtown, Palms, East L.A. and so on. So I personally think it is funny when L.A. includes other cities. Pasadena is just as close as the valley and it is in L..A. county, but you never hear people from Pasadena say they are from L.A.

I personally love a lot of the Valley and wouldn't want people to lump me in with L.A. if I lived out there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Pasadena is part of LA County, but not the City of LA. Pasadena has their own police dept, not LAPD, they have their own school district, not LAUSD and the list goes on. Most of the San Fernando Valley is considered the city of Los Angeles (with the exception of Burbank and a couple of others). All one has to do to end the whole "turf" argument is go online and look at Wikipedia for San Fernando Valley or go to the LACITY website to see what cities are included or heck just google it.

Anyway, back to Halloween business, more pics of the tunnel please.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Fellow SoCal haunters. You might want to checkout www.CalHaunts.com if you want to get your Halloween fix face to face year round in SoCal.

ScaryTinker
Did the CalHauntS a few years ago. Had a blast but all of the meetings being held when I was there were far to the east, almost San Diego county. 200 miles round trip for me @ 10 MPG thats $80 bucks when gas was 4 bucks a gallon, plus add $50 buck for the prop kit and some food took it to $150? per meeting. Throw in 4 - 5 hours of drive time. Attended 3 or 4 months when I could get the time off of work. So earlier this year, I got an email that said, becuase you dont come to the meeting, we are dropping you as the intent was a more of a (what did you call it?) face to face. And therefore we only want people that show up at get togethers. Wrote back twice and got no responce. Still have my nametag and calhaunts neckstrap hanging up on the wall. To bad, I really liked the group, loved the props we made and enjoyed the yahoo group messages. Oh well.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts