This years theme is going to be a haunted treehouse. I have a small yard with a huge tree nearly in the center. THe tree is old with lots of large, low branches so i'm probably going to have to do 3/4 scale to get it to look right.
Hoping to get some additional ideas for scenes from y'all -- they need to be cheap and not too mechanical coz me and my partner in fright are artists NOT engineers...not even slightly=) a fan prop and shiatsu are about as far as we go.
Backstory is kids build their treehouse in the evil forest (think Tolkien's Old Man Willow kinda thing). Majority of action will take place below the treehouse because the tree branches are very thick after about 5' of trunk. So here are our scene ideas so far:
* child climbing up the rope ladder being attacked by tree limbs
* fan prop child hanging from a vine noose and trying to free himself
* ground breaker child that's been buried alive, perhaps with hula hoop half buried to give idea of how quickly he was swallowed up
* giant spider with webbed child
* animated tree limbs (powered by shiatsu hopefully)
* and of course the spooky nursery rhyme music
Any additional ideas you can think of would be greatly appreciated -- maybe incorporating a pet dog or something besides children??
Thanks for any ideas and Happy Haunting!