Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently saw a picture of this online on thegreenhead.com and began my search on how to get it, I can't find it anywhere except Grandin Road used to sell it! Anyone know where I can find it? I tried ebay and kijiji and still nothing :confused:

·
Registered
3,633 Posts
That looks like something fun to try and make. Collections ETC has a tree face that lights up and would be a good start,then just add great stuff to a chickenwire frame. A little paint and moss and you're all set!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just thought it looked like it was really well made and although I do prefer making my own stuff I don't think I'm skilled enough to make one of those look good! I'm going to continue my search tho!

·
Registered
29 Posts
So I saw this on Pinterest a while back and fell in love with. Searched high and low for it and couldn't find anything either. Since I'd already made myself a haunted tree last year I figured I could pull this off! I made two of them, and they are fantastic and oh so easy to make! I cut an 8" concrete pillar form in half, cut out eyes and a mouth added a clear plastic bowl I got from dollar tree..it was a perfect fit! then used great stuff foam to create the bark look. Once it was all dry and cured I spray painted the whole thing black then used acrylic paint to paint him over the black, leaving some black exposed for depth. Then using a lighter acrylic color I dry brushed him to give even more dimension. I also sprayed him black inside so when I put my lights in the color of the concrete form isn't visible! Whole thing took me two days to make.. mostly because of drying times!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts