looks awesome...

Lots of effects and animated props...

How long hae you been doing this for?

Ruggerz

·
Super Moderator
5,647 Posts
Very nice.

I've seen your (2008) stuff before, somewhere. Either elsewhere, or stumbled on it via youtube. It's always interesting to see how others tackle a similar idea. I like the lighting very much, yet it's about as opposite from ours as you can get.

I've been working a similar angle on our yard for some time, though I lack your animation abilities. '09 is also going to be our last with the general theme...

So, are you adding anything in 09? And what's your 2010 plans?

·
Going bump in the night..
3,388 Posts
I like the use of colors - gives it a very unnatural feeling for all those colors to come popping out of the dark.
That stirring skele - that's one of my fav's. The hunchback look to it is very disturbing - it kind of looks like it's ready to pounce.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well done! As a fellow Tiki Freak I can dig it! But why stop???
I put a few of my tiki's out a few years ago, but up here unless its a totem pole people don't get it...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well done! As a fellow Tiki Freak I can dig it! But why stop???
I put a few of my tiki's out a few years ago, but up here unless its a totem pole people don't get it...
We are creative people, we crave change and challenge. 2010 will be a haunted carnival and circus, but one like you haven't seen before. Should be rad. Hopefully everyone else in my crew will still be psyched and not "over it".

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
We are creative people, we crave change and challenge. 2010 will be a haunted carnival and circus, but one like you haven't seen before. Should be rad. Hopefully everyone else in my crew will still be psyched and not "over it".
Oh dude. I am going to be excited to see what you come up with for 2010. I am doing a haunted carnival theme as well. I don't know what you have up your sleeve, but I don't think I have seen my ideas out there either. I hope we aren't thinking the same stuff, because I have a feeling you would totally out do me. :)

·
Shadow box dancer
1,394 Posts
you wont have to hold your breath for long, were starting props for 2010 this year. So there will a couple of things to look at. :)
I am working on stuff for 2010 as well. I couldn't possibly get it all done this year so that is why I am not doing a haunted carnival theme until next year.

·
Typical Ghoul Next Door
6,826 Posts
Hi DevilsChariot! Nice to see you over on these boards too!

I love your Tiki haunt, and while I wouldn't be able to retire such awesome work - I can't wait to see what you come up with on the circus theme.

:cool:

·
Registered
281 Posts
You know what it reminded me of? And don't take this the wrong way because I mean it as a compliment. It kinda reminded me of the Monster Island from the Scooby Doo Movie. Only much much darker. But yeah it gave me that feel and some ideas of my own if I wasn't already doing a Boondox theme lol. Great stuff, I really love the look and feel. The colors are amazing.

·
Registered
20,825 Posts
Very cool, devils chariot. I have to agree with Samhain.Voodoo about the Scooby Doo 'Monster Island' comparison;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I had been thinking of a Tiki Terror theme lately and so glad to see this! We live on an island and have a tiki bar in town that lots of people like. I thought that theme might be fun, either this year or next.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts