Halloween Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I said haunted soap. As in using soaps that will add realism to a costume. Like many home haunters, I really appreciate a good costume and good decorations with lots of details. :cool: There is nothing worse than a fabulous make up only to have naked hands. :eek: Or an authentic costume with detail to historic accuracy but to leave out some important details. :eek: I love to see an actor in a haunt that has fingernails all snarly looking. :cool::eek: To really immerse yourself into character at a haunt I have known haunters to leave cloths in the smoke of a fire to get that smoke smell. Others bury cloths for months to get a decay smell and rot to cloths. But the actor still smells like Ivory soap underneath. I have found a local retailer to my area who makes soap with the smell of dirt and campfire smoke. The site is www.FarmMaidSoap.com. These soaps are made with goats milk. If used just for the haunt a bar of soap can last a couple of seasons. They in fact sell soap that smells like dirt. They also have soap that smells like wood smoke. There are also forest scented soaps. I am not affiliated or profiting by mentioning this sit. I am just mentioning alternatives for haunters who want to smell, look, and act like their chosen character as a line actor, or scare-actor in a haunt. If there are better local ideas for you please post. Yes I know that there are fog scents that can be applied that are over powering and strong and that works for some situations. I like the idea of scented soap to compliment a costume.

·
Undertaker
3,270 Posts
Haunted soap? Is that like when you drop it in the tub and it suddenly becomes animated. No matter how hard to try ya just can't grab the dang thing!

·
sasquatch
3,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This soap is good stuff and is wonderful for your hair and skin. I hope all the haunters out there who will think out side the box for unique ways to bring all the power of smell, sound, textures into a haunt should share their ideas. I am glad to be able to inspire and learn from others.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts