Halloween Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a cool way to light up the dial on my haunted radio prop and thought I would share. I used LED strip tape. The best part is you can change the color via a remote. Check it out!
photo.jpg
Also added a motor to spin the needle on the dial as well as a circuit board that will allow me to turn power on \ off to the speaker. The radio will be connected to a prop controller. When it is triggered, the dial will light up, the needle will spin and music will play. I have all the power running out the bottom of the radio so you will not be able to see that it is plugged in. I then have a dummy power cord coming out of the side of the radio the will be coiled up next to it so it looks like there is no power to it.

Attachments

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind words. Worked on connecting the radio (as well as my haunted Ouija board) to one of my prop controllers. I plan on having the Ouija board and radio on a table in my entry way. When the props are triggered, the radio will light up, dial will spin and radio will play music. The Ouija planchette will then move around on the Ouija board. I hope to post video of the scene when it is complete. Here is a picture and video of the Ouija board.
Ouija.jpg

1 - 5 of 5 Posts