Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have become involved with a brand-new web project called Haunted Places of Arizona. It's a website that hopes to one day be the all-encompassing, definitive source for information on all of Arizona's hauntings. This is going to be a really interesting website for anyone interested in the paranormal, whether or not you've ever even been to Arizona. But if you're familiar with AZ, especially if you have been to some of the places listed, it will be even more interesting for you. (And if you experienced anything while you were there, you can submit it to help the site grow.) And for those who are planning to travel to Arizona, this site will do a great job helping you find haunted locations to stay at and visit along your route, or some that might be worth going a little bit out of your way for.

Check it out here: www.hauntedarizona.freeiz.com

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't wait to see this site develop. Might make for a good vacation in state. Thanks you for posting this.
I can't wait to see it develop, either. It's nice to see enthusiasm from somebody who isn't involved in the project. If you've ever happened to have any paranormal experiences in AZ, you should submit them.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it depends on the ghost. It seems some of them are drawn to me/other people because we're so interested. Or maybe it's just the natural ability rather than the interest.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to this thread, I've discovered that two members I've been seeing around for a long time, but never looked at their location, are Arizonans. Very cool. I am a native, as well.

There are currently plans to get three more locations uploaded to the site within the next week or two. One in Tucson and two in Phoenix. We are trying to get at least one location up for each of the categories (hotels, restaurants, etc.) and then begin filling up the city pages the same way. After that, the most interesting places can be added regardless of the categories they fall into. Did you guys know you can also submit a location for consideration?

·
Registered
359 Posts
Very nice site!!! I remember there being a lot of legends surrounding Fort Huachuca when I was stationed there. Never saw anything myself, but a quick Google search found a lot of info about the same stories. There was one story I can't find anything about (maybe you can) about a hanging tree ghost. The area was by a large parade field - huge creepy trees! For the sake of trivia the ghost-site was where I spent the early morning of 9/11 - preparing for some general's retirement ceremony. Needless to say we cut the ceremony short - haha.
One you won't find on Google is the ghost of my ex-girlfriends grandmother in Bisbee. I had to drive up and down a twisty mountain road to get to her house (Bisbee is built funny) and park 2 houses away. The first house was her grandmother's place - empty - no curtains - and I had to walk past it when I'd leave at night. I'm grateful I never saw her ghost, but my girl did and all the cats and animals acted funny around the place. Last thing I need would be the memory of an old lady staring at me through a window - sheesh!!! The only spirits I encountered in Bisbee were at the taverns during their 4th of July celebration - wakka wakka!!!!!

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thought I'd let you guys know that this site now has a mailing list,
so anyone who's interested can sign up and will be alerted by e-mail anytime there's an update. Hope no one minds me putting the link here.
If there's a problem I can take it down. I'm not sure if the forum has any rules about posting mailing lists.
But here's a link to the sign-up page, or you can just get to it through the actual website. It's posted on the home page now under the recent updates section.

http://ymlp.com/signup.php?id=gewmbbsgmgb

Frughoul: I have heard quite a bit about Fort Huachuca. In fact, I have a book called Haunted America, which features a story about one haunted place from each state,
and Ft. Huachuca is the one for Arizona.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm curious if anyone has investigated the Oatman Hotel or the town of oatman on the old route 66 outside bullhead city? I can't remember if GH investigated it, but it might be interesting if someone did. :)

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm not sure I've ever heard of the Oatman Hotel, but the name does sound vaguely familiar. I don't know much, if anything, about a haunting there, at least not that I can remember. What information do you have about it, carnagemaster?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I like the site too. Just waiting for some places to appear under Chandler or Gilbert (or even Queen Creek if its possible). I'm another Arizonian, semi new to the state. Been here since Dec 2008, living in Queen Creek.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I like the site too. Just waiting for some places to appear under Chandler or Gilbert (or even Queen Creek if its possible). I'm another Arizonian, semi new to the state. Been here since Dec 2008, living in Queen Creek.
As I think it says on the site's contact page, you can request a location to be added. If you know any reportedly haunted places in those cities, you should request them. If not, I'll just keep the cities in mind and see what I can do. We try to post requested locations before any others. There are definitely going to be some places from Chandler and Gilbert. I already know of some places there that will go up eventually. I've never heard of any haunted places in QC, but if you know of any please pass them on! Oh, and if you sign up for the mailing list you'll be alerted as soon as a new place is posted.

·
Arachnophiliac
999 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Woo Hoo! Do I have some Stories for ya'll!
I have some First hand and personal Encounters in AZ.
I also saved this one to my Faves.
Cool, we're always glad to hear them. Updating on the site has ceased for a while, but we have plans for it and hope to resume the updating soon. Feel free to give us plenty of material to use when we're able to.

·
Registered
257 Posts
As a long-term resident and ghost story collector, I can rattle off about 20-30 places I know of that aren't on your list.... but before I do, I'd like to ask if you'd be receptive to linking to articles in a paranormal blog I contribute to which are about the places I've written about in Arizona? I can put a link to your site from our blog.

I've only been writing for the blog for a little over a year we-- the four gals who write for the blog-- only started it there-about, so we don't have too many stories as yet. Since I've lived in Arizona neigh 30-years, I have quite the store of odd-ball stories and haunting tales. Most of my stories are about southern Arizona-- Tombstone, Bisbee & Tucson-- but I do have a handful from the northern part of the state. I try to be thorough in all my postings, so I do list sources.

Might have to email me to get a response back-- I think I have PM set to notify me by email, but I'm not terribly certain. I only pop by this forum from time-to-time. (I sent you an email c/p of my above msg.)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts