Halloween Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the Pipe Organ I have finally finished. This was a bigger project then I had thought. But in the end it was well worth it. This is the first of 4 ( 1 Piano and 3 pump organs) I got off criegslist. One of the pump organs is from 1890. I will post a picture of it soon. The other two I bought to turn into Haunted Pipe Organs and sell them.

Besides the keys going up and down which is is a must for a Haunted Pipe Organ.

Inside the Organ there is a fog machine piped into a fog chiller then piped up to the first row of pipes.

The middle row of pipes are all light up from the inside with LEDs. The middle 3 are on the 1st channel. The 2 to the left and the 2 to the right of the middle 3 are on the 2nd channel. And the last 2 on the right and left are on the 3rd channel. The last row of pipes in the back are all light up from the front and are on channel 4. Each channel chases to the beat of the music.

In the Photos the fog chiller was not hooked up. When it is hooked up the fog comes out the pipe and rolls down the front of the organ onto the keys. It is very cool. It is hard to get a good shot of the lights chasing to the music but it is very cool.

Again thanks for taking a look and Happy Halloween

·
Devilishly Dutch
5,920 Posts
Looks cool! I might have to add some LEDs to our haunted organ!

MsM

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Sweeeeeeeet. Any thoughts on automating the keys? Not to the music mind you just for movement? By the way Tacata and Fugue in D Minor is my FAVORITE Bach organ work... and not just for Halloween. :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
This is seriously one of the best props I've ever seen! Excellent work! If you tell me it took you less than a couple months to make this.. I am bowing before you! This is just too cool. I wish I had the time and money to do something like this!

I keep asking ya'll.. where the heck do you store this stuff? Honestly this is my biggest reason for not doing big props... just no room to store stuff for a year to take it out for one night (well a couple nights anyway..depending on weather). I have a 3-car garage and I don't have the room to store stuff like this.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Totally awesome! I have yet to see any that has been better than this. Thanks so much for sharing! You really need a pat on the back for such awesome work!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the nice complements.
Yubney
Any thoughts on automating the keys? Not to the music mind you just for movement?
Yubney they are automated its very hard to see in the video. I had to stand so far back to fit the whole thing in the video.

andjarnic
If you tell me it took you less than a couple months to make this.. I am bowing before you!
andjarnic it took me 2 weeks. I am a stay at home dad with my son who is 4. So i think it was 15 days 8 or 9 hours a day. On the storage issue my wife and I are huge crafters. We rent a storage unite just to keep all our crafts. One half of it is all Halloween stuff.

Thanks again for all the nice comments fellow haunters.

·
Registered
438 Posts
That is awesome!! Man, honestly, if I could make oh..maybe double my salary now... I'd look at either a shed in the back for storing crafts like this, or like you, rent a small unit! Well worth it.. just can't afford it yet. Hell we just bought our first home, I need to settle in to the mortgage + all the crap I gotta get as a new home owner. lol. I sure hope living at the end of a cul-de-sac will result in a lot of kids coming to visit. We have 37 kids on our block alone! There is still a ton of construction going on tho, so I am not expecting as many this year.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Very cool. Congratulates on buying your first home. I know it doesn't seem like it right know in this economy but it is the best investment you can make. When my wife and I bought our first house I was scared. Told my wife I don't now how we are going to make the payments. She told me just to relax everything will be just fine. Sure enough it was. I have always loved making Halloween props. After our 1st Halloween in our new house I knew I was going to have to step it up a notch. We had between 350 and 400 kids. We sold our house 3 years ago and bought a house up in Whitefish, Montana. We are living in a RV 5th wheel saving money to build our dream home. This is why we have a storage unit for all our crafts. After purchasing our home I found out that we happen to be right in the middle of what they call Halloween Alley. SCORE!!!! We will be moving up there in July 2010.

Now you know a little more then you probably wanted to know about me Andjamic
Any how Congratulations on your new home.

·
Where wolf?
1,277 Posts
Very cool. Congratulates on buying your first home. I know it doesn't seem like it right know in this economy but it is the best investment you can make. When my wife and I bought our first house I was scared. Told my wife I don't now how we are going to make the payments. She told me just to relax everything will be just fine. Sure enough it was. I have always loved making Halloween props. After our 1st Halloween in our new house I knew I was going to have to step it up a notch. We had between 350 and 400 kids. We sold our house 3 years ago and bought a house up in Whitefish, Montana. We are living in a RV 5th wheel saving money to build our dream home. This is why we have a storage unit for all our crafts. After purchasing our home I found out that we happen to be right in the middle of what they call Halloween Alley. SCORE!!!! We will be moving up there in July 2010.

Now you know a little more then you probably wanted to know about me Andjamic
Any how Congratulations on your new home.
Gratz on the house! Man I wish the TOT was better here. I'm in the boonies on a private road now about 5 years with just a few neighbors. I do what I do for myself, those few neighbors, and the party or two I throw. :(

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Mr. Death, love what you did with creating atmosphere from your organ. BTW what musical piece was playing from the organ in the nighttime video? Did you get a lot of condensation on the organ from the chiller fog? Thanks and nice job!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts