Halloween Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! My theme for this year's Halloween bash is a haunted old theatre. I do have some idea's, for example I am setting up the theatre using a digital projector, old horror films and plenty of red and black curtains. The screen will be a white sheet which I will hang in front of the big window at the front of the house so the movies can also be viewed outside as you approach the house. I will include a creepy concession (where all the food is) and have a popcorn maker on site, the popcorn will also have some rats (rubber) poking out from the freshly made popcorn. I might have a photo op set up too but I am still looking for ideas on that one. If anyone has done something like this before I would love to hear from you! I am in need of more ideas! :D Thanks from Scared Skinny

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
I recall seeing some posts about this recently, but even though I looked, I couldn't find it. I don't remember what forum it was in or if it was the main point of the thread or just something people were talking about, sorry. It *could* have been in a post about a haunted garage...

Anyway, in trying to remember what the post said, I do remember that someone suggested putting some props together that look like old movie monsters like out in the "lobby" and using those as photo spots. Also lots of old movie posters around, and have some stuffed dummies in the seats of the "theater" so it looks like people are watching the movies all the time. Then you could have real people sitting there and have them sometimes get up & startle other guests.

If you could somehow make a movie marquee over your front entrance, that would be pretty neat! WIth some bulbs burned out, of course, and letters falling off or missing!

Found this Pinterest board with lots of inspiration for a movie theater haunt -

http://www.pinterest.com/davidleehurst/horror-moviehaunted-theater-haunt-ideas/

This website is also particularly great -

http://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/blog/2013/10/party-central/vintage-horror-movie-halloween-party

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
27 Posts
We did a haunted movie theater themed party last year - and yes our invites were oversized tickets. We gave out horror dvds, great big boxes of Junior Mints, and buckets of microwave 'movie theater' popcorn as door prizes and gift cards to the local movie theater for best costume. I also went down to the local video store where they sell used movie posters for a buck. About three months before the party I started stopping by regularly and snatching up all the horror posters - ended up with about a dozen. Hung then all over the house with blue paint tape. Also did a 'Alfred Hitchcock' Psycho bathroom and had old Universal Monster movies playing on all of our TVs throughout the party. Our invites encouraged guests to come as their favorite movie character!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
!

:D
I recall seeing some posts about this recently, but even though I looked, I couldn't find it. I don't remember what forum it was in or if it was the main point of the thread or just something people were talking about, sorry. It *could* have been in a post about a haunted garage...

Anyway, in trying to remember what the post said, I do remember that someone suggested putting some props together that look like old movie monsters like out in the "lobby" and using those as photo spots. Also lots of old movie posters around, and have some stuffed dummies in the seats of the "theater" so it looks like people are watching the movies all the time. Then you could have real people sitting there and have them sometimes get up & startle other guests.

If you could somehow make a movie marquee over your front entrance, that would be pretty neat! WIth some bulbs burned out, of course, and letters falling off or missing!

Found this Pinterest board with lots of inspiration for a movie theater haunt -

http://www.pinterest.com/davidleehurst/horror-moviehaunted-theater-haunt-ideas/:D

This website is also particularly great -

http://spaceshipsandlaserbeams.com/blog/2013/10/party-central/vintage-horror-movie-halloween-party

Hope this helps!
:D

What excellent suggestions and amazing links! Thanks! :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Great Halloween Pinterest boards! You have a new follower!::)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Great ideas! I have a popcorn maker so I
think I will have that on the go for sure. I also have a digital projector which I will set up to show movies in the theatre area! Thanks for the great ideas! :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts